Projectors
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Xiaomin RaoXiaomin Rao
      Participant

Hi, please refer to the attached photo. Should we replace a light bulb or something to get back the right color and brightness? Many thanks! SharonScreen display

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for posting.

Can you confirm what model this projector is?

I suspect this may be a faulty VGA cable, have you tried another known working cable?

Many thanks,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Xiaomin RaoXiaomin Rao
      Participant

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your help!

I am not sure what the model of the projector is and I’ve figured out that the display board is the “1st Generation ActivBoard” . I am attaching two more photos for your reference. From which you may get some ideas.

There are three parts between my laptop and the interactive white board:
      1. a HDMI to VGA adaptor  (which is working when connected to another terminal)

2. a VGA cable to the wall socket (I will try another cable and let you know the result)

3. wall mounted cable to the white board unit (this part is not accessible)

When just powered on, it displays filter cleaning overdue message as well. I don’t know if it’s related or not.

Let me know if there are any other possibilities  so I can do the experiments altogether.

Thanks again! Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the photos.

This isn’t a Promethean model of projector.

I suspect this issue will be either the VGA lead, or the VGA adapter which is in use as this can often cause an image to appear yellow or pink when this is either faulty or not connected securely.

I hope this information at least points you to the right direction.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Xiaomin RaoXiaomin Rao
      Participant

So it’s unlikely the projector’s problem then.

I will try different combinations to single out the faulty parts. Thank you very much for your right direction! 🙂

Regards,

Sharon

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.