What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jmferrelljmferrell
      Participant

I’m running ActivInspire on a Mac, OS X 10.11. I’m not mirroring my screen to a projector; instead using my projector as a second display.

Is there a way I can display a tickertape on the second display? Even when the ActivInspire window is dragged to my projector display, the tickertape still appears on my primary.

I realize I can make my projector my primary display by rearranging things in System Preferences, but I’d rather not do that, as it pulls all my open windows to the projector.

Is the tickertape always anchored to the primary display? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for posting. If you set up the tickertape and move your menu bar across to your second display but keep your dock on your main, then the tickertape should go across your second display but all programs should open on your main.

I hope this helps!

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 637427)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the reply! Your answer got me looking closer at menu bars, but I don’t think I’m going to have any luck with El Capitan.

Here’s what I’ve found—in El Capitan, the dock and menu bar(s) are kind of independent of each other. I’m not really explaining that well, but maybe that’s the gist. In any event, in System Preferences, when you drag the menu bar icon to another screen to make it the primary display, “all active applications” go with it. I don’t see any way to stop that behavior.

In my situation, “all active applications” usually includes web browser, ftp client, email client, messages, word processing app, image editing app, news reader, twitter client, etc. etc. They’d all fly to the projector screen, and I’d have to pull them back over one by one. More trouble than its worth, probably.

If you know of a workaround, I’d be glad to hear it, but I have a feeling it’s stuck on the “main screen,” yeah? It would be really cool if it was just draggable, though… 😉

Thanks again for the assistance!

Anonymous
      Inactive

In this case, there is not a workaround for this issue at this time. The Tickertape will follow the ActivInspire software, which will follow OS X’s tool bar when it is moved from one display to the other; however, if you are able to move just the Inspire software to the secondary display, the Tickertape should move with it.

In regards to moving just the Tickertape by itself to a different display than the one in which inspire is displayed, we can raise that with our escalations team as a possible enhancement to the software which may be added in a future ActivInspire release.

(Support Case 00637427)

Anonymous
      Inactive

My experience is that when I move the ActivInspire software to the second (projector) display, the tickertape will stay with the primary display.

Seems like it ought to follow the ActiveInspire window, no matter whether it’s on the primary or secondary. Bug or feature?

It would be cool and useful, though, if you could drag the tickertape wherever you wanted it. (I understand if it has to be “bounded” by the Inspire window, though…)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, we are always looking for feedback.
      I will raise this as an enhancement feature to the software development team to review and hopefully develop in future releases of the software.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.