Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alex JacobyAlex Jacoby
      Participant

Version: I just updated ActivInspire to 2.22.69367 on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave), but this issue was present in the last version I was using too.

I didn’t use ActivInspire much at all last year because of distance learning and I believe this issue first arose a while ago, but I had assumed it would be fixed quickly since it’s so annoying.

When I click on toolbar items, most of the time a single click will highlight the item, but not do anything else.  So if I try switching from pen to text tool, the text tool (big T icon) will get a black outline, making it appear active, but the pen tool keeps its active outline too, and indeed, the pen tool is still active.  If I double-click it usually will switch active tools for me.

I’m pretty sure this is a bug since no other toolbar works this way.  Is there a setting I’m missing to change this, or will it be fixed soon?

Thanks,
      Alex

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting.  This is likely a specific issue relating to the version of Mac OS you have installed and the newer versions of ActivInspire, are you unable to update to a later Mac OS?

If you cannot update then we may be able to send you a slightly older version of ActivInspire that may work correctly.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Alex JacobyAlex Jacoby
      Participant

Hi Paul,

Currently Mojave (10.14) is listed as an officially supported version of MacOS on your support page:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/activinspire-system-requirements-en

In the past I’ve had more problems with ActivInspire when I did update to the latest version of MacOS, and I’ve been asked to downgrade my OS 😛

If you can provide a link to an older version of ActivInspire I’d be happy to try it, but either Promethean shouldn’t list Mojave as a supported version or better, Promethean should fix this bug.

Thanks,
      Alex

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Alex,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It’s not a known issue that we’re aware of, so can you provide a few more specifics? Does this happen when you are connected to an interactive display specifically, or can you also replicate it when you are using your Mac without any connected hardware?

If it’s the latter, have you already tried doing a completely clean uninstall/ re-install following the steps listed here? It’s very important to manually go through the files and folders listed after turning on the hidden files and folders and deleting it all, then installing a clean version of ActivInspire 2.22, downloaded again from the support site.

Here are the steps:

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you need help with any of this, or feel free to contact us directly via phone or email :

Contact-2

Thanks,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.