Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      andrew eberhardtandrew eberhardt
      Participant

Hello,

I have a number of the latest panels and they have been functioning fine for the last 4 months.  In the past week some of these boards have been glitching and switching by themselves through the inputs.  I noticed that an update had been released and applied – Some boards took the update and continued to work fine, while others are stuck at the orange Promethean boot screen and never seem to fully boot.

This is a PROBLEM – I called support and got a message that they are unavailable as they are in training.  HELP!

Michael LawrenceMichael Lawrence
      Participant

We are experiencing the same issues with our Titanium’s (randomly switching between inputs and some displayed the update window and Panel Management window out of no where) The reports started on December 6th (same day the latest updates were released). The strangest part is that these issue surfaced on panels that have been on firmware 3.2.0.81 and working perfectly for months until December 6th. We have been updating the panels with issues to 3.3.0.143 in hopes that it would fix the problems but it has not. We have also tried rebooting via the main power switch in the back but this has not helped. Everyday I am hearing more and more reports of the same issue. So far we have around 15 out of the over 300 Titanium’s reporting this issue, I’m sure I will hear about more tomorrow.

Participant

Hello Michael, Do you have any screens that are stuck on the orange Promethean screen in a boot loop?

Participant

Andrew,

So far we have only had one Titanium that I know of that is stuck on the Promethean boot screen loop. This happened after updating the panel to 3.3.0.143.

Participant

We stopped updating the boards – I now have 3 in this boot loop state.  I’m curious to see how Promethean handles this.

Participant

Since we have yet to experience the boot loop on more than one we have decided to update one of our schools (60 or so Titaniums) to the latest 3.3.0.143 release.  It seems to be fixing more problems than breaking.

Donna LaneDonna Lane
      Participant

We have updated 30 of our Titanium panels- one is stuck in a  loop

More with issues each day

We have 247 panels that were installed last summer

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi all,

Thank you for letting us know that you are seeing some issues. I’m sorry some of you were unable to get through to us, but speaking to us directly, either over the phone or an email/chat will be necessary as we will need the hardware details as well as your contact details to be able to provide solutions.

We have several contact methods, so please feel free to drop us an email with as much information as possible if the lines are busy. (e.g. ActivPanel serial numbers / current software version etc) .

Contact

Thank you!

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Okay – SO, I received an email from support about this issue (attached below) – really appreciate that.  Though I have shared with support, and on this log that the board has not booted.  The rub here is that the instructions that I received, talk about using a tool in the locker to reset.  This all sounds good, however in order to use this tool the boards need to be booted.  Still keeping my fingers crossed that I get some resolution.

Hi Andrew,
      We have seen your post on our community forum around the source switch issue that has been seen and are reaching out to your directly.

We currently have this issue under intense investigation.
      To aid us with that investigation and for us to provide a quicker solution we would really appreciate it if you could carry out the below for us:

1. Gather some logs from an affected ActivPanel and send them to us, I have attached a document that explains how to do this.

2. On 1 affected ActivPanel only, carry out a factory reset following the instructions in the below support article:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1752/

We really need to know if carrying out the factory rest resolves the issue on that single affected ActivPanel, it is forming a vital part of our investigation at present.

Thank you in advance for assisting us with this investigation.

Carol PersinCarol Persin
      Participant

Andrew & Micheal,

Thank you for letting us know we are not alone! Our district has about 70 Elements Panels and have had teachers report these same issues (source switching and update screen appearing) on 8 panels that we know of. We applied the update to both elements panel and OPS and still have had 3 of the users come back with continuing issues. I have created support requests for each panel and am hoping to hear that they will have a fix soon.

B PB P
      Participant

Hey folks! We are having this exact issue on many of our 100 boards across the district. Anyone heard about a solution yet?

Happy Monday!

Participant

I have gotten lots of solutions from Promethean – none seem to truely fix and some seem to make things worse.  I’m getting the feeling that this issue is pretty widespread.

Hi all,

Thank you for your posts on the community.

Our team are investigating the issues that you have reported however initial testing indicates that the issue you have mentioned of switching sources intermittently can be resolved by the below steps:

1.Turn off the Panel normally by pressing the power button and then disconnect from the mains for 1 minute.

2. Power back on and test to see if an issue.

3. If the issue persists, perform the update (via the update app or local via pen drive) to version 3.3 if it hasn’t been done already.

4. Once on version 3.3, perform a factory reset. Instructions here.

If you still have issues after this, please let us know so we can escalate this with our hardware teams.

If you are experiencing different issues to this, please report these directly to Promethean Technical Support so we can review and advise accordingly.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Participant

Hi Adam.  Yes those steps have worked on some of our boards.  On others, they are just locked on an orange boot screen fro hours.

Hi Andrew,
      Thanks for your reply and update.

For the issue that you’ve mentioned, can you let us know the below information if you are able to:

How have you done the update? (i.e Local via USB drive, OTA by checking for updates or via Panel Management)

Do you know the firmware version that was on the unit prior to the update?

Do you know if the update was interrupted at any point during the update?

Thanks

Adam
      Promethean Support

Carol PersinCarol Persin
      Participant

Hi Adam,

We have about 70 panels in our district and have reported issues on at least 12 at this point. I can answer your questions for our district:

How have you done the update? All of our updates were done via a flash drive.

Do you know the firmware version that was on the unit prior to the update? I can say 100% our panels were on 3.2.0.81 as we just updated all of them before Thanksgiving

Do you know if the update was interrupted at any point during the update? As far as I know these updates were not interrupted. I verified that the update showed in the settings screen before removing my flash drive. Some of our teacher have used the panels without issue for a few days after this update and just now are having problems arise (sources switching, update screen showing out of nowhere). We now have a teacher who has the panel management QR code appear as well (we are not currently panel managed).

I have cases opened as well under persin@kosd.org but just wanted to provide our additional information.

I have performed a factory reset on a few of these panels and am waiting to see if that resolves the issue.

Participant

We have updated one of our schools Titaniums (60 or so) to the latest 3.3.0.143 release.  We have had a few that were stuck in a boot loop but Promethean provided a solution that involved placing a file on the root of a usb drive and booting the panel a certain way, this seems to have fixed those panels.  We are monitoring the rest of the updated panels and asking that our teachers report any issues, so far so good.

Hi Carol,

I can see you’ve posted on the below thread, i’ve responded to you on this.

Wont boot after installing new firmware

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

We have all of our boards working now – call support if you have an issue

Participant

Hi everyone.  I just received confirmation from one of my teachers that all district boards are now functioning as expected.  I would like to thank Brandon B. and Richard R. for responding to this issue and ultimately helping us resolve this problem.

Looking back on the situation, I think it would have alleviated some stress on my end if support was better informed of the issue and able to communicate a response timeline.

All in all, I’m pleased that the boards are once again functioning and continue to enhance classroom instruction…

Carol PersinCarol Persin
      Participant

Just a heads up to all who are following these instructions that when doing a factory reset on the board, that teachers will lose any locally saved .pwb files and spinners. So far the only way I have found to backup a .pwb file is to open each one individually and copy onto a flash drive. I have not found a way to backup any spinners. This has caused frustration for a few of our teachers who spent time building these custom spinners and .pwb files.

Carol Persin

Keystone Oaks SD

Pittsburgh, PA

Hi Carol,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the frustration caused by this.

I have however, added your feedback to an open ticket with our development team to have the ability to export and import spinners so that this can increase the awareness of this.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Carol PersinCarol Persin
      Participant

Thanks for suggesting this to the development team. That would be very helpful!

Carol

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.