Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ajmal RasouliAjmal Rasouli
      Participant

Hi,

I have updated our school software from 2.14 to  ActivInspire 2.22 version. This is deployed through GPO to all teachers’ pc. We are using Windows 10 Education Lastest updates. My Driver version is still ActivDriver_5_18_19_x64. Do I need to update to ActivDriver_5_7_25_x64?

Problems since upgrading from  ActivInspire 2.1:

• Pen is not working but hand touch does. I have checked the settings both Pen and Touch are enabled. I have done several uninstall and re-install none worked.
      • Activinspire keeps on crashing when we take a screen grab.

Thanks

Ajmal

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Amjal,

Thanks for posting.  Can you please give us the model and firmware version of the hardware you are using?

The screen grab, is it the one from within ActivInspire and is it the full screen grab or the selective grab?

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Paul

Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It’s SMART Board MX075-V2 75” 4K Interactive Flat Panel with iQ.

Touch Controller Firmware version: v0042.EC9D-S

Scaler MCU Firmware version: 1.0.44.0

Yes, it’s the one from ActivInspire Desktop Tools. Full or selective grap.

Thanks

Ajmal

Hi Amjal,

Thanks for getting that information to us.  As you are using non-Promethean hardware we are unable to support this.

Please see excerpt from the End User Licence Agreement below:

“Restrictions of Use with Third-Party Interactive Display Devices: Unless otherwise agreed in
      writing by Promethean, the Software is only permitted to be operated with Promethean
      Equipment or the Promethean Certified Equipment. The Software is not permitted to be
      operated with any other 3rd party (non-Promethean branded) Interactive Display Devices. You
      may only use the Software in conjunction with Promethean Equipment or Promethean Certified
      Equipment and on a computer owned and or controlled by You. THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE
      WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY INTERACTIVE DISPLAY DEVICES IS CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THIS EULA. If you wish to use the Software with any third-party Interactive Display Devices then you must purchase a License for the Professional Edition of the ActivInspire software.”

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Paul

Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks.

We have one building with Promethean boards another building with new Smartboards. We do have the license for the Professional edition of ActivInspire software. The problem is, all of the curriculum materials are in ActivInspire flipchart format, and teachers prepare using ActivInspire.

If we are using the ActivInspire with Smartboard, do we need the drivers installed on the pc for Activinspire?

Thanks,

Ajmal

Hi Amjal,

Thanks for your reply.  ActivDriver is only required when using Promethean hardware, ActivInspire does not require it to run.

Thanks

Paul

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.