June 27, 2020 at 10:53 pm #29585CappyParticipant
I currently use a licensed version of ActivInspire Professional through my school. When I launch the app (V2.18.68238) and go to Help>Software updates, AI tells me that I’m up to date. When I go through the download process on the Promethean website to get the latest edition, the email I receive encourages me to upgrade to the Professional Edition which I already have through my school. How do I upgrade and keep my licensed version?
July 1, 2020 at 9:03 am #29592Adam H PrometheanSenior Moderator
Thanks for your post.
Whenever we release a new version of the software, we tend to wait until we reach a certain number of downloads from the Support website until we turn on the “over the air” updates. Therefore it’s normal at the moment if you have 2.18 for the software to tell you there is no update available. Once the quota of downloads has been reached, the software will tell you that there is an update available.
The best option therefore would be to manually download ActivInspire 2.19. The rhetoric in the e-mail does encourage users to upgrade to the professional edition of the software, however as you already have the professional edition of Activinspire, there is no action required for you. Once the installation file for 2.19 has downloaded, you can install this and will maintain the professional edition of the software that you had before.
We are going to e-mail you a copy of this message just in case you have any further questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.19.69200 (released 3 June 2020)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal v1.2.1 (released 28 May 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.2 (released 20 May 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.19 (released 20 May 2020)
- Release Notes for myPromethean portal 1.2 (released 13 May 2020)