Software Solutions
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Catherine LewisCappy
      Participant

I  currently use a licensed version of ActivInspire Professional through my school. When I launch the app (V2.18.68238) and go to Help>Software updates, AI tells me that I’m up to date. When I go through the download process on the Promethean website to get the latest edition, the email I receive encourages me to upgrade to the Professional Edition which I already have through my school. How do I upgrade and keep my licensed version?

Thank you!

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Cappy,

Thanks for your post.

Whenever we release a new version of the software, we tend to wait until we reach a certain number of downloads from the Support website until we turn on the “over the air” updates. Therefore it’s normal at the moment if you have 2.18 for the software to tell you there is no update available. Once the quota of downloads has been reached, the software will tell you that there is an update available.

The best option therefore would be to manually download ActivInspire 2.19. The rhetoric in the e-mail does encourage users to upgrade to the professional edition of the software, however as you already have the professional edition of Activinspire, there is no action required for you. Once the installation file for 2.19 has downloaded, you can install this and will maintain the professional edition of the software that you had before.

We are going to e-mail you a copy of this message just in case you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.