Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BarbaraBarbara
      Participant

My district upgraded my Mac OS and nearly all my resources in Activ Inspire disappeared.  All of my saved flipchart pages disappeared.  I’m trying to find them because I know they are in some file somewhere on the computer – but I don’t know what type of file I’m looking for, what it might be called and where I should be trying to look for it.  Nothing of interest seems to be in any folder labelled Promethean or Activ.  I think it is some kind of library. …….  Very frustrated right now as this represents years of work and restoring all those saved flipchart pages will take hours.  I can import resource packs pretty easily but each one has to be imported singly and wait for the library to be indexed.  I especially want help with finding my previously saved resouces in my flipchart pages as I use these daily.  Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting.

If you’ve lost the resources within ActivInspire you could try and download and install these again.
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/software/ActivInspire_main_res_v1.1_ENU.as4a

Once downloaded, click on File>Import>Resource Pack to My Resources.

The flipchart pages that have disappeared, are these within the flipchart itself? If so, this is signs of corruption which could have been caused by the district upgrading. There would be no way to recover the pages unless you have backed up copies of previously saved versions.

If you are referring to anything else please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 00617188

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am referring to pages saved in “my flipchart pages” within “my resources”.  I use these pages over and over, so have saved them to my resources.
      Now, luckily, I found them on the school computer – in a folder in “documents” (I’m on a mac, OS 10.10 – Yosemite) – serendipity – I had searched and searched and searched with no luck – then doing something else I saw a folder “My flipchart pages” dated october 2015.  I opened it.  148 small unix files.
      they are .as4  files. 
      I cannot import them the same way as the resource packs but I discovered by accident I can drag them into the resource browser.
      So I think I have now solved my own problem.
      Thank you for your quick response.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for letting us know that you have fixed this issue.

Don’t hesitate to post any questions or issues you may experience in the future so we can best advise.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.