Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jamesbakerjamesbaker
      Participant
      I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the activesoftware twice and I still cannot get my computer to recognize the smart board. I have tried different cables as well as updating drivers. When someone plugged a mac into the board, it came up with “Safe Mode” on the screen and I have not been able to get anything to work since then. Does anyone have any suggestions?
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi James,

What model of ActivBoard/ActivPanel are you using?

Does the error message of Safe Mode appear when you connect the VGA/HDMI cable, or when the USB cable is inserted from the ActivBoard?
      If this happens when the USB cable is connected, please bypass any current wallboxes, connectivity panels and go directly to the USB input on the ActivBoard/ActivPanel.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

The model is APT2-65. I typically use an HDMI Cable however, when an administrator wanted to tap into the board for a presentation, they needed to use their mac and used a VGA connector. The buttons on the front of the panel do not work and the remote will not change anything either now. I fear that I might be an issue with the board itself. I have not had the board for more then 6 weeks. Our tech team has been alerted of the issue, but I wasn’t sure if there was a quick fix for it. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I’d recommend power cycling the ActivPanel, to do this flip the power switch which will be located on the back of the ActivPanel on the right hand side. 
      Then disconnect the power to the ActivPanel for 30 minutes and connect the power cable and turn the flip switch.
      Try and use the ActivPanel again with your computer.

If you are still experiencing issues, i’d recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial number for this ActivPanel so we can best advise:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.