- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
March 29, 2016 at 10:10 pm #1331Rick MacGavinParticipant
This happens about once a week. Active Inspire v 2.4.66096 on windows 7 x64. All usb ports stop responding (Promethean board, keyboard, mouse etc) I was able to RDP (remote desktop) into the computer and noticed that active inspire was not responding. Tried to end task inspire.exe repeatedly and it just would not die. Pulled all the USB cables out and still no good. Task manager showed the CPU, Memory, Disk and Net were all low usage. Event log showed nothing major and services were running normally. At the time of the issue the teacher only had active inspire running and no other applications were active. This is happening for multiple teachers with similar configurations.
March 30, 2016 at 8:25 am #6724AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting on the Support Community.
We would recommend that you have the latest ActivDriver and ActivInspire software installed also.
You can download the latest ActivDriver from the link below, please ensure that you uninstall the current driver and restart the computer before installing the latest:
ActivInspire can be downloaded from the below link, we are currently on version 2.5:
If you seem to encounter this issue a lot, we would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and sending an error log from our software called ActivDoctor. This can be found on the below link:
You can fill in the contact form on the below link:
I hope this information helps.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)