- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
May 6, 2015 at 2:31 pm #605KirstieParticipant
I have created a flipchart on my computer at home, but when I try to open it on the computer at school, it appears as a blank flipchart. When I open the thumbnails down the side, all the content is on those screens, but not in the main screen itself. This has happened about 3 or 4 times now.
Why is this happening?
Is there any way to:
a) prevent it happening again (there is no warning – eg the pages appear to save fine at home)
b) recover my flipchart if it does happen (especially if I’m just about to start a lesson!!!
May 6, 2015 at 8:38 pm #4661AnonymousInactive
Flipchart files displaying this kind of behavior have had their data corrupted in some way. Is these cases, we recommend that any unaffected pages be copied into a new flipchart, and the affected pages recreated in that new flipchart.
To decrease the likelihood of this occurring with any flipcharts created in the future, we would suggest the following:
• Reducing the number of objects saved to a flipchart page or the number of pages in the flipchart.
• Limiting the number of media files embedded in the flipchart
• If you are accessing the file from a network or removable storage device, copy the file from that location to the computer’s desktop and open that copy instead of opening the file directly from that external location.
If the ActivInspire software is presenting this same problem when opening other flipcharts please contact our Technical Support Team for further steps.
(Support Case 00528056)
October 27, 2015 at 12:44 am #4662AnonymousInactive
I have tried to copy unaffected pages, but it seems that all pages in the flipchart are affected. This means I lose the entire flipchart. The most recent one had two pages, no media files and very little text. What explanation is there for this? No other program I know of loses data like I’ve lost.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5 (released 13 April 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)