Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      drobertsondrobertson
      Participant

I have no problem getting the video recorder to work (although the sound quality is terrible).  My issue, though, is that the files are all AVI files that have a little padlock on the icon.  This somehow makes it so that I cannot use these files in Adobe software.  Is there a way to save the files in a more friendly format?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi drobertson,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you have raised, this is caused by a setting on your computer which may be affecting the file/folder attributes which is showing the padlock as this is not something caused by ActivInspire.
      I have recorded a few screen recordings and do not have any padlocks showing on the icons.

ActivInspire doesn’t allow for any changes to the option to change the filetype of the recordings.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for your quick response!  Do you have any ideas about what settings I could change to make it so that I can use my Promethean video files?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi drobertson,

Thanks for posting, there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from playing this .AVI file. If there is, this is definitely an issue with file properties on your computer and permissions.

From looking online, padlocks are usually associated with sharing/permissions on the folders/files on the computer or associated networks.
      I would suggest having a look at your file properties and possibly Microsoft forums for help answers.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.