What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Judy JantzenJudy Jantzen
      Participant

My volume on my board is not loud. Everyone needs to be very quiet to hear it. What can I do? I have tried turning everything off and taking out the USB cable.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Depending on the model of board in use, there
      may be a volume knob on the left side to use in adjusting the volume output of
      the board’s built-in amplifier.  Turning
      that knob to the right should increase the volume being output by the built-in amplifier
      to the speakers in the board’s frame.  You
      can also connect a set of headphones to one of the outputs on the built-in
      amplifier and see if the volume is any louder or software through them.

If adjusting that knob to the left or right has
      no effect or if the adjustment still produces a volume that is too low, try
      adjusting the volume on the device on which the audio is being played (e.g. the
      computer connected over USB or 3.5mm cable or an MP3 player or Phone connected
      with a 3.5mm cable into the board’s built-in amplifier) and see if that affects
      the output heard through the speakers.

Do also try playing a different audio file
      altogether on the device in use or (if using a computer, tablet or other
      internet-enabled device) playing a YouTube video with audio.  Alternatively, you can try plying the audio
      in question through another device (or using a different program), if you are
      able.

If there is any additional extension cabling or
      adapters used to make either the USB connection to the board or a 3.5mm connection
      into the Amp’s inputs, please try by-passing them for a more direct connection
      to the USB port on the amplifier (located behind  its volume knob) or to one of the 3.5mm inputs
      on the amplifier.

Should none of the above steps have any effect
      on the Volume of the audio being played through the speakers, please contact
      our support team
      with the serial number of the ActivBoard in question for
      further assistance, referencing Support Case 00478056 when doing so.

(Support Case 004780596)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.