Software Solutions
Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      gez99gez99
      Participant

Hi,

I’m currently using ActivInspire 2.13, which simply does not work with my Intuos Draw tablet.

I either want to update to ActivInspire 2.14 (in the hope that this might work) or downgrade to ActivInspire 2.11 (I’ve seen a mention that this might work).

However, I cannot find a way of downloading either 2.14 or 2.11.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Gerard

gez99gez99
      Participant

Update:

I did eventually find a Promethean Site where I could download ActivInspire 2.14

https://www1.support.prometheanworld.com/ru/product/activinspire

The good news is that my Wacom Intuos tablet now appears to be working well with ActivInspire!!!

🙂

Regards

Gerard

We’re glad to hear that is working for you, @gez99!

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Katherine HartterKatherine Hartter
      Participant

I have recently purchased the Wacom tablet. My ActiveInspire software is currently the professional edition 2.18. My tablet is skipping across the screen and is not consistent when drawing. What can I do to fix this issue?

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Katherine,

We have some reports that the latest version of the software may have some compatibility issues with Wacom tablets, so as per the post above, you may need to test it with an older version.

Let me know if this is a path you would like to go down and I can make a version available to you via email.

Otherwise, you would need to revert to your mouse for the use of ActivInspire.

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

K kerteszK kertesz
        Participant

Could I please be sent an earlier version of Active Inspire to test with Wacom Intuous?

When using the pen on Active Inspire version 2.18 it works fine initially. Then the pen becomes stuck and just writes all over the page and becomes unusable.

It works fine on Mpaint if I switch to it during the problem.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

Yes, of course. I will send you a direct email shortly.

Thank you,

Craig

Rob VandermayRob Vandermay
      Participant

Hello,

I purchased a Wacom One specifically for the purpose of writing on it in conjunction with ActivInspire trying to teach from home due to distance learning.  Both are up to date. I have the same problem others describe: I can get it to work correctly for a short time, but then basically lose control of the pen.  It writes when I’m not in contact with the surface of the tablet, and does not write when it should. From reading other posts, it sounds like I need to try downloading an older version of ActivInspire?  2.14? How do I do this? Was there also something about another driver??  Please help!  Only a few classes left this year, but I may teach summer school and I am afraid we may be forced into distance learning next year also.

M. StrijbisM. Strijbis
      Participant

Hallo,

Omdat ik dezelfde problemen heb met de combinatie van activinspire en een wacom tekenbord en omdat ik begrepen heb dat versie2.14 van activinspire dit zou verhelpen, zou ik graag via de mail versie 2.14 ontvangen.

Alvast bedankt!

Sabrina HantowerSabrina Hantower
      Participant

Hello,
      I am having the same issue as Rob and others above. I recently purchased the Wacom One CTL472 and can’t get it to work properly in ActivInspire. The pen works for a short time, but then, it suddenly goes crazy and I no longer have any control over it. It either stops working completely or it writes continuous lines when I’m not even touching the surface of the pad.

Amanda HatfieldAmanda Hatfield
      Participant

If possible, I would love a link to an older version as well as I also have a Wacom tablet that isn’t working

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

I will send you all a direct email with a link to an older version of ActivInspire.

Kind regards,

Craig

Luciana MatosLuciana Matos
      Participant

Hi, good evening.

I have followed the posts here and I would like a link to a oldest version (2.14) of the Activinspire so my pen tablet works in it properly. Just like everyone else in this forum.

thanks a lot!

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Luciana,

Thanks for your post.

We will get an email across to you shortly with an older version shortly.

Kind regards,

James

Deanna JenningsDeanna Jennings
      Participant

Hello James,

I am having the same problems that the others are having with my Wacom bamboo tablet and activeinspire. Can you please email me a link to the version that works with my tablet? I don’t have access to a slate and need to be able to teach very soon.   Is there a patch on the horizon to fix this problem?? Teachers are going to have to work from home all across the world and Wacom drawing tablets are one of the most popular home tablets to have.

thank you,

Deanna Jennings

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Deanna,

Thank you for your post.

We will email you an older version of ActivInspire shortly.

Kind regards,

Kate

Janet DeleryJanet Delery
      Participant

I also need the link to version 2.14 so I can use a Wacom tablet.

Please email ASAP.

Janet DeleryJanet Delery
      Participant

I have the same issue.  Please send me a link to the 2.14 version to my email.

Thank you.

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your post.

Yes sure. I will get the email to you with the older version links shortly.

Kind regards,

Kate

Maureen BiesMaureen Bies
      Participant

Can you also send me the earlier version to my email.  As a math teacher it is essential that I am able to write on a touch screen.

Thank you.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, sure. I will send you a separate email to send you the links for the older version of ActivInspire.

We understand that it is important your touch screen works.

Kind regards,

Kate

home

M. StrijbisM. Strijbis
      Participant

Hello Kate,

I suffer from the same probem, so I also need the link to version 2.14.

I hope you will email that version to me so I will be able to use my Wacom tablet again.

Thanks and kind regards,

Margret

gez99gez99
      Participant

Hi,

It seems very odd to me that Promethean is apparently making no effort to fix the incompatability between between Activinspire and Wacom tablets given that…

1. Wacom is such a leading graphics tablet

2. Promethean’s Activtablet was, in fact, a Wacom tablet!

Surely, Promethean can do more than simply ask its customers to downgrade their version of Activinspire!

Regards

Gerard

Hello Margaret,

Thanks for your post.

I will send you the older version of ActivInspire via email shortly.

Kind regards,

Kate

home

Hello Gerard,

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear that you feel we are not making enough effort to fix this issue.

The older version of ActivInspire works better with the Wacom tablets and is a work around the issue for now.

Should you have any further questions please let us know.

Kind regards,

Kate

home

Mark BigbyMark Bigby
      Participant

I have the same issue. Would you please send me a link to the 2.14 version to my email?

Thank you for your help.

Jo FairJo Fair
      Participant

I’m with Gerard.  C’mon, you’ve had all summer….

We live in a world of teaching online, technology needs to work.

Send me the downgraded version of activinspire please :-/

Jo

Brittany GoodbyBrittany Goodby
      Participant

I have the same issue. Would you please send me a link to the 2.14 version to my email?

Thank you for your help.

Maureen BiesMaureen Bies
      Participant

I think that Wacom One/Intuos should work with the updated versions of ActivInspire, but I found a go-around.  Import your flipchart to ClassFlow.  It is not as good a presentation as ActivInspire but you don’t need to recreate your flipcharts.  Just my nickel.

Michael RothwellMichael Rothwell
      Participant

I have an older model – Bamboo Capture Pen Tablet (CTH470). Please confirm this downgrade workaround works for  this model also.

Thank you for your help.

gez99gez99
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m using the latest version of ActivInspire (2.18) with a Wacom Intuos tablet.

My laptop is running Windows 10.

I learned to only use the tablet’s pen within each slide for writing, moving etc…, and to use my mouse for everything else i.e. using the menus, ucontrolling other open applications etc…This way, I could use my ACtiveInspire presentations for remote teaching. However, everytime I forgot to stick to these restirctions, I would have to restart ActivInspire in order to get my tablet to again work correctly with ActivInspire (it always works correctly with every other application).

However, At the start of this week I realised that if I unplugged my tablet from its USB port, this would reset it, and I would avoid having to restart ActivInspire. Still a pain though.

This led my, once again, to investigate ActivInspire’s settings.

I had a “play” with the “Dual Mode ActivBoards” settings and set them as follows,

Touch Input handling -> Touch or Stylus

Touch Interoperability -> Default

Default tool for touch -> Pen

Default object Interaction mode -> Any

Enable page turn gestures -> not ticked   [ but not relevant here ]

Enable touch pan and zoom -> not ticked [ again, not relevant here ]

Since I applied these setting, my Wacom Intuos is working OK with ACtiveInspire!!!

Remember, I do not have my laptop connected to a Smart screen. I’m just using ACtivInspire to teach over the Internet. Anyway, for the first time in a very long time, the application is working well with my graphics tablet.

In summary, it my not be necessary to downgrade to ACtiveInspire 2.14 in order to get your Wacam Tablet to work properlY with ActivInspire.

I hope this helps…

Regards

Gerard

Alyssa LopatkaAlyssa Lopatka
      Participant

Hi,

I am having the same issues where my Wacom Intuos tablet is not working with ActivInspire. Can someone please send me the old version so I can use them together?

Thank you,

Alyssa

ariel maldonadoariel maldonado
      Participant

Could you please send me that link to the version 2.14, I have the 2.18 Professional Edition, but with my Wacom I have trouble! Also registering my Activslate/ActiveHub under the new 2.18, before it used to be Device Registration and voilá, but the new one takes me to a website and doesn’t show add devices!!!!

Thank you very much

*I am a teacher and would appreciate your assistance. I like my Wacom but does not work well, and if I want to use my ActivSlate… I cannot register the device 🙁

Hi,

Due to many requests we have decided to post links to ActivInspire 2.14 installer available for you here:

Windows: https://promethean.box.com/v/Inspire-2-14Win

Mac: https://promethean.box.com/s/qf3ajcmyq1pdk5iwzy306zk9uwc71n15

Please note that this version is no longer supported.

Kind regards,

Thibaut

home

Zach GaulkeZach Gaulke
      Participant

Has there been any updates on this issue?  I’m not having any luck getting my wacom intuos tablet to work.

I’ve tried using the 2.14 version and that doesn’t seem to change anything.  I’ve tried changing all the dual mode settings to those recommended by gez99 and it doesn’t change much.  Activinspire will detect the movements but freeze every few seconds and then try to jump ahead to where my mouse currently is.  Or (depending on the dual mode settings) it will only detect a click down if I write extremely slowly.  If I go too fast it will just stop.  I’ve tried changing the wacom tablet settings from pen to mouse and that doesn’t do anything.

The only thing I’ve gotten to work that someone suggested in a different thread I think is to completely disable the wacom software and keep the tablet plugged in over USB.  It’s fine for distance learning but I would like to be able to walk around the room with the tablet once in person classes start up again.

Thanks,

gaulks

Zach GaulkeZach Gaulke
      Participant

I should say I’ve gotten the tablet to mostly work by disabling the wacom software and then ending some tablet processes.  I forget what they’re called exactly, there were two something like tablet drawing for presentation and then there was a tablet services process I think.  I ended those then replugged in my tablet and it will mostly work with activinspire.  It’s still laggy but I can write with it for the most part.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your posts.

Glad to read that the changes you made have improved the performance of the tablet with ActivInspire.

With that said however, stylus inputs such as your Wacom device, are not officially supported by ActivInspire.

The program was designed to handle mouse and touch events and only by chance have stylus input devices worked with previous versions up to now.

It is for this reason we have provided links to older versions in the hope that tablet devices will perform better.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

James

home

gez99gez99
      Participant

James,

I do not understand your reasoning here …

“stylus inputs such as your Wacom device, are not officially supported by ActivInspire.”

Promethean realised the ActivTablet, ActiveSlate etc… precisely to allow teachers to use stylus inputs with ActiveInaspire. In fact, Promethean’s early tablets were rebadged Wacom devices.

Regards

Gerard

P.S. My Wacom Intuos tsblet is still working very well with ActiveInspire 18

gez99gez99
      Participant

“realised” -> “released”

🙂

Gerard

ariel maldonadoariel maldonado
      Participant

Meaning that works for sure with the Activ products like their own tablet (ActivSlate), but not with other manufacturers like Wacom. Personally, I like more the wacom but… like many others have said … it does not work fine with the pen when I am writing, it blocks itself, it is not constant… 🙁

Zach GaulkeZach Gaulke
      Participant

So I tried using my tablet in an actual lesson and it didn’t go so great in an actual class.  It was still too laggy and jumped everywhere so I’ve come up with the ultimate work around.

Make a ClassFlow account – import your flipchart as a lesson into ClassFlow – deliver your lesson but don’t actually have students join the ClassFlow class just present your tab (or do whatever you do to display your screen).

ClassFlow doesn’t have all the functionality of regular activinspire but it will use your OS to run your tablet so you don’t end up with any glitches.  You can still write, add/move shapes, put in text, and paste/manipulate pictures.

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Hello Zach,

Thank you for your post!

This indeed sounds like the ultimate workaround to the Wacom tablet issue.

Thank you for sharing this with the rest of us.

Best regards,
      Slim

Promethean Technical Support.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.