Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

We are trying to use the Logitech C922x webcam on the 675F panel. Used on Google Hangouts, the video is good. I had one teacher stop me and ask why her camera doesn’t work. I find that the Camera app on the Daisy Wheel will report that it can’t see the camera. There are 2 Camera apps available from the Daisy Wheel, but I get the same message from both. Bring up Hangouts, the Video works. The screen is updated to the 2.3 version, the camera supports Android 5 and up. Any help?

Hi Leo,

As default with the ActivConnect, there is one camera application pre-installed on the Wheel.

When you launch this camera application,

Do you receive any error messages when trying to use this with the webcam you have?

Is the webcam connecting directly in to the OPS-G USB port?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

Yes, it tells me that it doesn’t find the camera. The other Icon is the one with the shutter or iris look to it. Using either Icon gives me the same message. I could get a picture of it if need be.

I have connected the camera to every single port on the device, OPS-G and on the screen. I would have gone with any port that worked…:)

Hi Leo,

Theres no reason why this shouldn’t work since it worked in Google Hangouts.

Could you go to Settings>Apps>Camera and Force Stop this then try to start this again and see if this works?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

Icon in settings/apps on board

This is the Icon I see when I go to /settings/apps

Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

Info regarding camera app when I go to “Force Stop”

Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

The text of the error I get, using either camera icon, without regard to the specific port it is attached to. This error occurs with another camera, also (different one / type). These do work on other boards. (Just not this one…)

I had run the force stop several times by this point.

Hi Leo Hoodak,

Thank you for your reply and providing photos of this.

I would recommend factory resetting your OPS-G and seeing if this helps with the issue, please follow the article on the link below:

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Leo Hoodak
    Leo Hoodak
    Participant

After reading the article in the link, and preparing a flash drive as described, I performed the reset.

It worked.

Performing the reset will erase everything on the board, and set the software back to the original 2.1 release. From there, it took about an hour and 20 minutes to completely restore the board to it’s former classroom configuration, with the camera now working the way it should.

Thank you for your help.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Glad to hear this has helped with the issue.

Any further questions/issues just let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.