Interactive Flat Panels
  • This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Staff member is having an issue where she needs to recalibrate her board everyday after she does a reboot or switches room. The projector is a PRM-45 and she is using Windows 10 for a PC device. After she recalibrates the pens it works just fine. Any ideas? I’ve read on other forums that their may need to be a firmware update? Otherwise I might revert her back to Windows 7. These issues started happening after I upgraded her device to Windows 10. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good morning,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community. 

With regard to this issue, we have a Support article that best explains how to fix this:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1162

If you are still experiencing issues, this could be relating to permissions on the user accounts. 
      If you use a local admin account on the computer, does the same issue happen after a restart?
      What Model of ActivBoard is being used?

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, 

I’ve tried most of these options but none of them have worked from what the teacher has told me. She told me she never had an issue with this before when she had Windows 7 and ever since her laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 and reboots her laptop everyday that’s when she notices that the calibration is off. Once she calibrates it in the morning it works fine. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I almost think it has to do something with the display settings on the laptop. She has the VGA cable running to her document camera via her laptop. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Active Board that is present in this classroom is either Active Board Pro 300 or 500. It has the built-in speakers on the board. I’m currently not in front of this board as we speak. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Henriksen,

Thank you for your reply. 

If the display settings are being changed, the calibration stored will go off the last calibration settings.
      If the display settings aren’t being changed then this could be the issue.
      Alternatively, if not, If you use a local admin account on the computer, does the same issue happen after a restart?

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s what I thought but it always seems like when the teacher reboots her laptop in the morning and boots up the projector that the calibration is out of wack when she uses her pen. It does this with any pens she uses. It’s almost like the calibration settings aren’t being stored or is there something I’m missing? I actually have her using a different laptop to see if that makes any difference. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Henriksen,

Let us know if you have any luck with the other computer.

Please also try a local admin account on the teacher computer and see if this behaves the same.

This will let you know if the calibration settings aren’t being stored which could be a teacher permissions setting that needs to be changed.

Thanks
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, 

I was just told today that it’s doing the same thing on a separate laptop with Windows 7. The teacher did tell me she was missing some tools that used to show on the toolbar (ex. spray bottle) and noticed it disappeared after making those changes for her last week. I also noticed her Active Inspire was messed up as well. I did reset the projector in her classroom because it seemed like it wasn’t keeping the screen resolution ratio at all on the board. I turned it off a couple of times and booted the projector up again and again and it seemed to stick. I really believe it has to do something with the screen resolution between the laptop via document camera to the promethean board. Once the ratio stayed those couple of times it seemed like I didn’t have to recalibrate the pens again, but then again tomorrow might be a different day because the pens were already calibrated for today. I really don’t know what would be causing this. Currently I’m uninstalling Active Inspire and the Active Driver on her laptop and making sure I have everything up-to-date on her laptop. 

Thanks,
      Chris

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.
      Let us know if they are still experiencing the problem.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

As of today, it was still doing this but not as often with a different laptop. Not sure what else to do at this point?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.