Projectors
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      fitzsimmonsjfitzsimmonsj
      Participant

A Promethean Board lamp is very dim.  I tried a different VGA cord from the board directly to the laptop thinking it could be a bad connection.  No change.   I changed the lamp but that did not make any difference either  I also tried to see if the projector would let me change the dimness in the menu but that was not a choice. It is also not the dimness on the laptop.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello fitzsimmonsj,

There should be a setting in the projector menu for lamp mode. This will be under the Menu > Installation II > Lamp Mode. Please try switching this to bright. 

Thanks
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adjusting projector mode (presentation, game, movie) did not help. Adjusting the brightness did not help.  I was all over that menu and nothing helped.  I will just try another bulb.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello FitsimmonsJ,

When the image is DIM after a lamp replacement it can signify that there is dust build up inside the projector. Make sure to suck out the dust with a vacuum. Never blow in to the unit as the dust will go deeper in and burn on to the mechanism inside the projector.

Thank You
      Frances
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dust was not an issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi fitzsimmonsj,

If replacing the lamp has not fixed the issue, then the issue is likely that the projector will need an optical clean as this will be caused by dust ingress that has built up in the projector over time. 

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly with the serial number of the projector should you wish for us to look into the optical clean.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.