Software Solutions
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sinead GrimesSinead Grimes
      Participant

All of the ActivBoards in our school have packs of shared resource collections already installed in ActivInspire, apart from one classroom. They only have very limited amount of resources which can be searched using the resource browser. It only contains a handful of Backgrounds, Grids, Buttons and Icons, Gadgets etc. Other users in the school have (for example) Maths resources with loads of vocabulary on different curricular areas. E.G Maths-Capacity- Capacity vocab, images of containers etc. Is there someplace I can download this starter pack of resources from? All I can find on the website are topic specific packs, not a generic starter resource pack. I am aware that I can search for these specific use packs, but would l like to get the generic “starter” packs that (used to?) come with installation.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Sinead, there is a place for exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.prometheanplanet.com
      Once you login as a member click over support tab, then at the left side you will find a menu, find again software, it will roll up and show the ActivInspire link (clicked) to download the software, this link will open a page where you will see the download link.
      Click over download, and choose your language, almost get there.
      This page will open showing a video, scroll down and find your Operate System.
      You will see 2 links…. the first one is what you need as a “starter” pack, ActivInspire resource pack for…..
      The image uploaded shows where you should be to get it.
      Hope it helps, let me know if you need something else.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In addition to Carlos’ great answer here: just a little tip to let you know you also create your own resource packs and share these with colleagues and vice versa. 
      Here are some instructions on how to add new resource packs from our Knowledge Base. 

To export resource packs, right-click any folder in your resources and choose Export To Resource Pack. You could create a new folder copy/paste all the resources you want to share or have together in this folder and then export it. So if other teachers have things you would like, just add it this way. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great tip to save our resourses as a pack. Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million! Had looked at that page but just didn’t see it!

Sinead

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is a great idea. I think I’ll share this with staff, it will certainly save them from coming to me every time looking for resources!

Sinead

Anonymous
      Inactive

Nice one, glad it helped, great post Carlos!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am trying to find the subjects materials.
      These are in the same area.
      There is a folder labled subjects and underneath it there are several subject (math, science, social studies, etc….).
      Where are these resource packs?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Cody,

Can you please check what version of ActivInspire you are running ? is it the personal or professional ? you can find this information by clicking on help > about.

If you are running the personal edition you will need to enter a license key. If you have the professional version of ActivInspire please go http://www.PrometheanKB.com and search article 10719.

This will provide you with details on how to download and install the resources for ActivInspire

Thanks,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

I came across this thread in researching why, when I downloaded the Resource Pack this last time, it only contained the Subjects folders. It no longer — at least for the Windows version — contains all the other folders, such as Activities and Templates, Sounds and so forth. Why is that?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.