Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      William GotschWilliam Gotsch
      Participant

I have a 500 series board. I enjoy the fact that on my toolbar I can manually select what my finger does and what my Activpen does. One may be set for selector and the other for highlighter. My school district is trying out the new ActivPanel. When I plugged in the Activ Panel to my computer the selector disappeared. Now whatever my finger does, my pen does and visa versa. I thought it may have been an error of some kind. I checked under settings-> Dual Mode Activboards and the option for Touch Input Handling had greyed out and set itself to Touch or Stylus. I can’t change it back to Touch and ActivPen. Is this the way it will always be? Can it be fixed. It was a nice feature to be able to use the two separate tools separately.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi William,

Thank you for your post.

We will investigate this further and get back to you shortly.

Thank you
      Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

If you want the ActivPanel to work the same way as the 500 series boards you will need to obtain a Promethean digital pen.

With a digital pen you can select a specific tool to be used with the pen and another tool to be used with the finger touch.

For this to work, you need to have the latest driver installed and register the digital pen in the Promethean ActivManager.

Please let us know if you require further details.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can you send me a link to the digital pen? Does it come with the board. I had a pen, but it did not look particularly fancy. Thank you for your quick response. We are voting tomorrow on which Panel to purchase, so time is of the essence.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

For more information regarding the digital pen go to http://www.prometheankb.com and search for 11204.

If you need to purchase one please contact your Promethean reseller.

Thank you

Miguel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.