Software Solutions
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      GenoGeno
      Participant

I just installed ActivInspire on a new PC and after downloading the Resource Library from Support, I see that all it contains is a folder called Subjects, which contains a number of folders. Activities &Templates and other folder I’ve been used to in the past are not there. How can I get those, other than moving them over from the old system?

Anonymous
      Inactive

If the software was installed using the ActivInspire Suite from
      Promethean Planet (downloadable from here,
      if needed), we would recommend re-running that installer and choosing either
      the “Modify” or “Custom Install” option, depending on which one appears when running
      the installer .  If the “Custom” option
      is chosen, make sure that the ‘Core Resources’ are selected as a component to
      install.  If “Modify” is chosen, ensure
      that the Core Resources are set to “this feature and all subfeatures will be
      installed” if available.

If that component has already been installed (either as seen
      in Windows’ Programs and Features, or seen as installed when attempting to utilize
      one of the installation options above), then you can search your computer for
      one of the resources which should have installed as a part of the Core resources
      (an example would be Color wheel.ap2)
      and either set ActivInspire to look for resources in that location or move the
      resources there to the location where Inspire is looking for them.

(Support Case 00248894)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks, Jarrad, but when I install the resource file I’ve downloaded, I’m not offered the Modify/Custom Install option. And when I do a search on my entire system, the only ap2 and as2 files that turn up are under Subjects. It’s like nothing else is contained in that as4a install file any longer.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gene,

The option mentioned by Jarrad is only available when you are running the full ActivInspire suite installer, not the resource pack installer.

Have you tried this?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I first downloaded the Windows version of ActivInspire from http://support.prometheanplanet.com/server.php?show=nav.29751&changeCountry=United+States, and installed that, and then I downloaded the Resource Pack for Windows from that same page and installed that, and all it consisted of was the Subject folders. What should I have done differently?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gene,

if you re-run the ActivInspire installer and choose either the “Modify” or “Custom Install” option, depending on which one appears when running the installer . If the “Custom” option is chosen, make sure that the ‘Core Resources’ are selected as a component to install. If “Modify” is chosen, ensure that the Core Resources are set to “this feature and all subfeatures will be installed” if available.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah, I see, thanks. In the interim, I had already copied the folders on my old system onto a flash drive and pasted them into the correct folder on the new system, so I have them all now. I understand what I should have done now, though. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I understand what you were explaining now, Jarrad. Should have read it more carefully. Thanks for the guidance. That makes sense.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.