Software Solutions
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      smtheterpsmtheterp
      Participant

Some of my flipcharts suddenly won’t open.  They blink then just show the ActivInspire desktop and “can’t open file” msg.  Other flipcharts open fine.  Won’t open from other computers either.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello smtheterp,

to help us look into the issue can you please confirm what version of ActivInspire you are running? the latest version is 2.8 and can be downloaded from the below link if needed:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

The issue could be that some of your flipcharts have become corrupt. This can be caused by how they saved (network drive / USB stick). 

Does this happen on other computers or just one? 

Thank you,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I downloaded version 2.8 and the same issue occurred.  The flipcharts do not open on any computers that I’ve tried.  Is it safe to assume the flipcharts are corrupted?  You mentioned a problem with how they were saved.  Could you elaborate so I can pass along how to avoid this in the future?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible that the flipchart may have been corrupted, if you would like to attach a copy of a flipchart that is experiencing this error, we can take a look at this and confirm.

Usually signs of corruption show the flipchart pages in the Page Browser but not on the flipchart screen. 
      Information on trying to reduce corruption can be found on the below Support Article:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1562

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

When I try to attach file, get “File is not allowed” message.  Tried to reply to email but rejected. Is there a valid email address I can send this to?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Please could you upload the file to the below link and let us know once this has been done?
      http://goo.gl/BW8Gjh

Once we have this I’ll be more than happy to have a look and see what we can do.

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I uploaded 2 files a couple of days ago.  Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for uploading the files.

It would appear that these are corrupt flipcharts, i’ve tried to open and receive the same error message.
      There would be nothing we can recommend on this particular error to try and recover the flipchart.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Please help I have a flipchart that I made. I I can no longer open it. It opens on everyone else’s computer but no longer on mine. If I save it to a flash drive it opens once but can not be saved on my laptop to open. Then it no longer can open on the flash drive. It seems to make no sense, since it works on everybody else’s laptop. Help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi johnj,

Thanks for posting.

Are you using a Windows operating system?
      If so, please ensure that all applications are closed and click on your Start icon and in the search bar type %TEMP%, this will open the temp files on the computer.
      Please select all and delete these, you may find that some are in use and get a pop up, skip these. 

Please then ensure that you using the latest version of the ActivInspire software, the latest version is 2.10 (at the time of this post).

I hope this helps, if you still have issues, try to save this to your desktop and open from there.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.