Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Fernando De La RosaFernando De La Rosa
      Participant

Good Morning,

When trying to turn on the wifi in the settings, it immediately turns back off.  I tried reseting the network setting and then factory reset, the issue still persist.  We are unable to connect any devices since the wifi keeps turning off and turn on.

Model number: AP7-B86

Serial #: 786T-JB2L3A8000038

MAC:  9C:F6:DD:BD:B7:2B

Model number: AP-WIFI-BC

FCC ID: QAM-AP-WIFI-BC

IC: 5459A-APWIFIBCwifi doesn't turn on in settings

Participant

Wifi keeps turning off when turning it on*

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have a known working WiFi module to swap in for this ActivPanel?

This should help us identify which device is at fault.

Thanks

James

Participant

Good morning,

The wifi modulator works fine and connects to the internet, the wifi to the actual board is not connecting to the internet.  The wifi switch in the settings turns off when ever turned on.  I tested multiple modulators, they all connect through the OPS but the board itself is not connecting to the wifi.

Thank you,

Hi Fernando,

Can you please update your panel to the latest version of firmware.  You will want to use the offline update method found in the below support article under the section titled “If your ActivPanel does not have an Internet connection”.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1742/

Once the update has completed, please follow up with a factory reset. Instructions can be found below.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1752/

If you continue to have connection issues, please let us know and we can investigate further.

Thank you,

Krista

Promethean Escalations Team

Participant

Good Morning

Unable to install the package, I keep receiving this error message. I tried redownloading and multiple USB drives and still no luck. Package fail

Hi Fernando,

After taking a look at the error message you are receiving, there are a couple of additional things we can try.

1. Ensure your flashdrive is between 8GB and 32GB and make sure it is formatted to FAT32.

2. Ensure that the only file on the flashdrive is the AP7B-Update.zip file and ensure there are no additional numbers or characters in the file name and the file type is the original .zip.

3. Try again after going through the above steps. If you continue to have issues, try plugging the USB into the side USB port on the panel and try again.

Please let us know the results of your troubleshooting steps and if you are able to get the update to go through.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Krista

Participant

Good morning,

I am still receiving the same error message. I tested it with multiple different USB flash drives and different USB ports on the front and side of panel.

Regards,

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply.  Can you please get us a photo of the current installed versions?

Would it be possible to connect this ActivPanel to the internet using an ethernet cable and seeing if you can update that way?

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Thanks

Paul

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply.  Can you please get us a photo of the current installed versions?

Would it be possible to connect this ActivPanel to the internet using an ethernet cable and seeing if you can update that way?

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Thanks

Paul

Participant

I was able to update the board using an ethernet cable but the issue still persist, unable to to turn the wifi on;  the switch goes back to off. I’ve attached image of before and after the update.Before update

Hi Fernando,

We will reach out to you directly to continue troubleshooting this issue.  Please be on the lookout for an email from us regarding this panel.

Thank you,

Krista

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.