Wireless Presentations
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

We are trying to see how to make our boards wireless. We have an activ hub plug in and activated. We have registered our board wirelessly too but still can’t seem to get it to work. Are we missing a piece??

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi maberry

Can you please provide us with the model number of the board you are trying to make wireless? Not all of our boards have wireless capability. 

Thanks, 
      James 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, this might be a dumb question but where do I find the model number??  We have searched everywhere on the board 🙂

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi  maberry

The model number should be located in the same area as the serial number.

You mentioned earlier that you were able to register the board wirelessly through the ActivManager. Are you not able to interact using the pen?

Have you tested with another known working pen?  

Kindly confirm the version of ActivDriver that you have installed. 

What operating system are you using? 

Does the board function when connected via a USB cable?

What version of firmware is installed on the board?

Thanks,
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Above the Serial Number is a Product Code: (Removed By Promethean)

We could not get our working pens to work interact with the board even though it says we are connected wirelessly.

We are using Windows 7.

My ActivHub has firmware V5.13 0 and my ActivBoard has firmware V8.63 Build 2. 

My driver is V5.7.22.1.

The board functions perfectly when connected with the board.

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi maberry,

Thank you for providing this information.

The ActivBoard model you have (587PRO) isn’t compatible for wirelessly connecting your computers to the ActivBoard using the ActivHub.
      This feature was only available on the 100 & 300 series ActivBoards.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much for all your help!! You have been the only person able to help us!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok one more question my partner teacher has a different board and was able to register hers wirelessly but couldn’t get the pen to interact. Her serial number is ABV378PRO. Would hers be able to work?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Her activhub firmware V5.11 Activboard firmware V8.04 and driver V5.846.3

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello maberry,

The 378 Pro board should be able to connect with the ActivHub. We do see that the driver, firmware of the board, and firmware of the ActivHub could all use an update. 

When doing the firmware update for the board, you will want to ensure that you are connected via a single length of USB cable not longer than about 9 feet.

We have a guide for wireless connections here that may prove helpful. 

Thanks,
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am continuing the conversation above (maberry is in here with me 🙂 ) I believe I have the hub connected to the board wirelessly because the flame on the board is yellow. The pen doesn’t work if the flame is yellow.  I need to know how to cast from the laptop wirelessly to the board.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi swentzky,

Can you please provide us with the firmware and ActivDriver versions? The links can be found from Michael’s message above. 

Also, please try another pen with the board and see if you are able to write. The yellow flame does mean that you are connected wirelessly. 

Thanks, 
      James 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi we are in a primary school, we can pick up the Wifi signal but cannot access the internet?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Sharee,

Thanks for posting.

Promethean can only help to provide support for Promethean Hardware and software.
      I would recommend contacting your Network Administrator if you are having issues relating to WIFI and accessing the internet.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just now getting a chance to continue my questions from above. What do I need to make my board(projector) wireless with my laptop?  I mentioned before that I was able to get the yellow wireless flame, but I don’t know what to do next? Do I need anything other than a hub? activconnect? activcast? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello swentzky,

In order to get the image to project wireless, you would need additional hardware that is capable of cloning the video signal from the computer to the projector.  The wireless function of the ActivBoard is typically used to overcome the limitation of USB over a distance, whereas VGA and HDMI should be more able to handle a longer distance. 

If the computer is too far away to use USB, we would recommend using the ActivHub to establish the touch connection, and VGA or HDMI for the video. 

Our ActivConnect G series is designed to be used with our 6 Touch ActivBoard, ActivPanel, or ActivWall. 

Thanks
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.