Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      David SchneiderDavid Schneider
      Participant

I updated the firmware on my AP7 promethean board two days ago and now all I see is the “Prothehean with Vellum” splash screen and then “Promethian for the love of learning” splash and after two minutes it reboots and starts all over. Can I rollback the firmware to fix this?

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi David,

Sorry to hear this happening!  I would strongly recommend calling our Tech Support with your ActivPanel details/Hardware serial number so we can guide you through the steps to roll back the software or get it updated if you have not done so already.

Contact

Thanks!

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Thanks Wendy! I contacted support and I’m waiting to hear back from either tier two support or warranty.

Carol PersinCarol Persin
        Participant

David,

Thank you for sharing this. We updated our Elements Panels & OPS-G units yesterday afternoon and are having one with this exact issue. I have contacted support and will be interesting to hear their response as it is impossible to do anything right now due to being stuck at the startup screen.

andrew eberhardtandrew eberhardt
      Participant
      Carol PersinCarol Persin
      Participant

David,

Did you ever hear back with anything to try for your panel that is stuck on the Love of Learning page? I contacted support yesterday and they recommended a firmware reflash however it was for the older update and so I didn’t proceed. I was wondering if they gave you anything else to try.

Participant

I got an email back from support with a link to download a usb_update.bin file that I think is the previous firmware and instructions on how to flash by powering down the board then turning it back on and holding the power button once the flame light comes on. After finishing the firmware flash it offered to update again this time it seemed to work.

Hi Carol,

We’d recommend following the advice previously given with the older firmware file, and then upgrade to the latest version following a factoy reset after this.

For those of you reading this that have experienced the same issues, we’d recommend that you contact us directly to we can track these issues and advise on the correct resolution for your particular fault(s).

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.