|

Calibrate the screen

Just set up a Promethean Board - problem with calibration. We seem to be an inch or more away from the touch point and the result on screen. This results in many things not working at all. The video's I have found all refer to the "flame" as a starting point to calibrate, but I see no flame in the upper left in my version. Any advise is most appreciated.

Comments

• Promethean SupportPromethean Support Posts: 213
    edited September 2015
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for contacting us. The ActivBoard you have, is it quite new or is it quite old? The reason I ask is most of our range has the "Flame" that you refer to but our very early ActivBoards didn't have this and some of our newest dont either so it would help if we can narrow down the hardware to help you overcome the issue.

If it is as I suspect you are using one of our newer ActivBoard Touch models then please can you check that the projected image is inside the markings in each corner. Can you also please check you have the latest version of ActivManager installed (5.11+).

If you could find the model number that would help us advise you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support case: 574254)
  • Tony WoicekowskiTony Woicekowski Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    I was able to locate a calibrate function through what must be ActiveManager.  Once this was located, the calibration worked fine.  I must say, however, that there is no file nor icon which is identified as Active Manager. I came across it only because it was the only icon in the lower right tray which had a non-descriptive name.  At this point, most of the functions appear to work fine, however there are area's of concern I will be watching closely.  Thank you for your prompt assistance.
  • Promethean SupportPromethean Support Posts: 213
    edited September 2015
    Hi Tony,

We are glad you managed to get it working. If you run into any more issues please don't hesitate to get in touch, and if possible please get us some screenshots to help us diagnose any issues.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

• aydinaydin Posts: 1
    Hi ,
    I was not able to calibrate active board on my computer.There was no icon rihgt side of my computer.I need your help please.

Thanks
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,270 admin
    Hi aydin,

This will most likely be due to the ActivDriver not being installed on the computer.

Please visit https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver to download the ActivDriver.
    Once installed, you should see the icon on the taskbar to calibrate.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • jrhodenjrhoden Posts: 2
    Ok, I have ActivDriver installed on a brand new touchscreen board. When I calibrate and then manipulate icons on the desktop or webpages everything works fine, but then once I go into ActivInspire and try to write it is an inch or more off in some direction. So, for example, to select a different color to write with the pen tool I have to click the color above it to get the desired color below it selected. Also, when we chose to annotate over the desktop it is off by the same amount. What could be causing this issue?
    Hi jrhoden,

Thank you for your post on the Support Community.

Please could you let us know what version of touchscreen board you are using? Is this a Promethean product, if so please let us know the model number.

Please can you also confirm the ActivDriver version and ActivInspire versions you are using? 

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • jrhodenjrhoden Posts: 2
    The board is a Promethean product and from what I can find it looks like it is a BT v1.0.1, and the version of firmware on it is v6.3.50.28. I have a serial number on the board as well if needed.
    The ActivDriver version is 5.16.7.0 and the ActivInspire version is 2.10.66827.
    Hi jrhoden,

Thanks for letting us know this information.
    This is the ActivBoard 10 Touch that you are using,  please could you ensure that your settings are correct within ActivInspire, please ensure that these are set correctly as per the below article:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1013

If you still have any issues please let me know the operating system version you are using and screen resolution.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • mozyilmazmozyilmaz Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    3 of boards doesn't work. When power on sound system working. But top-left corner lamp doesn't work. We couldn't find problem. 
    Hi mozyilmaz,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to this issue, please can you ensure that your cables behind the ActivBoard are connected and secure? 
    Below is an example of the 300 series ActivBoard:
    User-added image

Should all be connected and secure, please contact Promethean Technical Support directly and providing your serial numbers so that the warranty can be checked.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • huynhdongnamhuynhdongnam Posts: 2
    edited on November 2 2018
    My ActivManager does not have calibrate. Please help me!
    ActivManager 5.17.13
    ActivInspire 2.14.67304
    Windows 7 64bit
  • Hi huynhdongnam,

You will need to have Promethean Hardware connected (and detected by the driver) in order to have the Calibration options.

From your screenshot, this hasn't detected any hardware so you don't have the option available.

Thanks
    Adam
  • Hi Adam K,
    My Promethean Hardware conneted to a laptop and detected by the driver. But my ActivManager still does not have Calibrate. :(
    edited on November 19 2018
    Hi huynhdongnam,

Thanks for your reply.
    What hardware are you using? Can you confirm the model number?
    From the screenshot that you showed earlier, your ActivDriver isn't detecting the hardware connected to the computer.
    Is your hardware connected and the pen working (but just out of calibration)?
    Or not working at all? As this will indicate a connection issue between the computer and the hardware. Do other computers work with the Promethean product? 

Kind regards,
    Adam