|

embed video inspire 2.3

Dan OxendaleDan Oxendale Posts: 5
edited March 2016 in Software Solutions
I cannot get video from youtube or any other site to embed into Inspire.

I have tried all the suggestions of "removing the s from https://" and this still does not work.

I have tried from multiple websites and multiple videos and when I go to Inspire to embed the link all i get is a blank white screen. When I drag a selection over the video it shows as if something is there but there are no controls or visuals.

Comments

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,258 admin
    edited September 2015
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting on the Support community.

Do you have any examples of the html code that you have tried to paste into ActivInspire?

Could you ensure that your Flash is also up to date.
    If your using a Windows operating system, please ensure flash for other browsers is also installed.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Dan OxendaleDan Oxendale Posts: 5
    edited September 2015
    Flash is up to date.

Any html code from a video is having issues.

Here is an example
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 380 mod
    edited September 2015
    Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Instead of deleting the entire "https://" please just delete the "s" from "https://"

Working code:

We have just tested and worked fine.

Thank you,

Miguel
    edited September 2015
    This is something I have already tried.

Still does not work.
    edited September 2015
    Hi,
    Thanks for letting us know your still having issues.

It is possible that there is a proxy or firewall blocking ActivInspire from getting this content from Youtube.

I would recommend checking any proxy settings that you may have and ensure that these are also entered into ActivInspire.
    It is possible that the firewall may cause this also.

I hope this information helps.
    Adam
    edited September 2015
    The firewall is not blocking the video from showing up. This occurs when within our district networks or outside on a personal network,

As for proxy settings I am not aware of any for our site and since this issue is occurring outside of our District network It doesn't seem to be the issue.
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 380 mod
    edited September 2015
    Hi,

We will contact you via email in order to advise you further.

Thank you

Miguel
  • Ed RothEd Roth Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    I have the same issue and would like to know if there is a resolution to Mr. Oxendale's problem that might apply to me.
    edited October 2015
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

It is possible that this issue may be caused by a school firewall/anti virus.

If possible, we would recommend testing the flipchart with the embedded video whilst at home not connected to any school networks.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Adam
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the reply Adam. I had edited my post to say that the behavior is actually intermittent. Sometimes a video will display and play, but usually after I navigate away from a page and come back to it the video is no longer visible. Another issue I'm having that may be related is when I choose Help - Check for updates I get an error that tells me to check my proxy settings. We do not use a proxy server and no web resources are blocked via our firewall.
  • Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean Posts: 463 mod
    edited October 2015
    Hello Ed,

Can you please confirm if it just at school you have this issue or if it is the same at home? also can you please confirm what operating system you are using, driver version and version of ActivInspire you have installed.

Thank you,

Craig
    edited October 2015
    The issue occurs at home and at school. Mac OS 10.10.3 Driver version 5.11.7 Active inspire 2.4.66096
    edited October 2015
    Mine has only been tested at our offices "school". Windows 8.1, driver 5.11.7, ActivInspire 2.4 (not sure how to find sub-version).
  • Esther KoenenEsther Koenen Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    For me, the same problem.
    I use Activinspire 2.4 
    I tried an embedded video from youtube at school and I tried it at my own laptop at home.
    When I use powerpoint, everything will work well. The embedded video will be shown in Powerpoint. When I try the same code for the same video in ActivInspire it doesn't work.
    What can I do?
    I'm searching the internet for over 3 hours now and I can't find anything that helps me to get the problem fixed.

Esther
  • Esther KoenenEsther Koenen Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Sorry, problem solved by removing the s from https!
  • Having same issue, not even working from school! This is frustrating!
    Hi cassiopeiavanwyk,

Thank you for posting.

What version of ActivInspire are you using? This can be found under Help>About (Windows) or ActivInspire>About ActivInspire (Mac OS).
    What code are you trying to use to embed your video? 
    Have you tried to remove the s from the https?

It is possible that some school networks do block external content using a proxy, if you are using proxies on your network please enter this into the settings of ActivInspire.

Kind regards,
    Adam