|

Projector will not power on properly

JenniferJennifer Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Projectors
When I power my projector on, the green power light blinks once like it will power on as usual. Then it powers down and the power light blinks green many times and the fan begins to run loudly. This has happened a few times in the last week and usually I unplug the projector and plug it back in to resolve. This time though that doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Frances PrometheanFrances Promethean Posts: 71 mod
    edited March 2016
    Hello Jennifer,

Have you tried another lamp in this projector? Please borrow a known working lamp from a same model projector for testing purposes. Make sure to close the lamp door and secure it with the screw.

Does the same behaviour take place?

Frances
    Promethean Technical Support
  • JenniferJennifer Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Frances,
    Unfortunately I am the only one at my school with a PRM-35 model. My only option would be to order a new lamp. Are there any other quick checks that I could do that would raise the confidence level that the problem is in fact the lamp?
  • Jarrad PrometheanJarrad Promethean Posts: 663 mod
    edited March 2016
    The pattern and sequence of the LED lights which blink on the bottom of the projector (when it fails to light its lamp) may give our support team an indication of what fault would be presenting with this projector.

They can also use the serial number of the projector to verify what (if any) warranty coverage would apply, in the event they determine a replacement is warranted. Article 1088 on our Promethean Support site can help you locate that information, if needed.

You can contact them directly via e-mail or phone using the contact information or forms found here on Promethean Support.

(Support Case 00630292)
  • Belle1Belle1 Posts: 1
    My projector only stays on roughly 5 mins. Right before it cuts off, the picture becomes staticky and the picture is gone . The green light continuously flashes and the fan runs loudly !! Please assist. The school year has begun and I am without a major staple in the classroom. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,128 admin
    Hi Belle1,

I'd recommend reaching out to Promethean Technical Support directly for direct assistance.

Depending on the model of projector you are using the Power LED should pause for a second or so and then continue flashing the same set of times before eventually turning the projector off.
    For example, you may see the Power LED flash 7 times then stop and continue another 7 times.

This will help to identify if there is anything internal to the projector that may be at fault.

The issue could also relate to the lamp, we'd recommend testing another known working lamp and seeing if the same issue occurs.

Please also try to disconnect the power from the projector for 30 minutes and test again to see if this powers off after 5 minutes.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • AtaAta Posts: 1
    Hi

Our PRM-30 projector is not working properly, when I power it on the power light turns green and fans start  than welcome screen appear and suddenly shutoff and the warning light turns on (red and stable), all other lights off. 

I replaced the lamp with the other projector but nothing change.

Please advise what to do.

Kind Regards

Ata
  • Hi Ata, 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you confirm if any of the other LED lights come on or blink? 

We may need to look at the unit in further detail and we will need the serial number of the unit. 

I will send you a direct email. 

Thank you, 

Craig 
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 6
    edited on May 15 2018
    Hello, same problem as Ata with a PRM-35 projector. I turn it on, green lampblink for 7 or 8 times, fan start loudly for two sequences and stop. Then, the projector restart and do the same sequence in a loop. Any idea please ?
    Teacher tells me that he have this problem when he leaves the projector connected (but turn off) all the night. 

Here a video :

http://www.torreilles.fr/ftp/20180515_092952.mp4

Thanks.
    Hi Patrice,

Thank you for posting.

If the Power LED blinks 7 times this indicates that the lamp door is open. If this is the case, please ensure that this is on with the screw in the projector and that this is powered down and turned back on.
    If you continue to get that error, please let us know.
    If the LED is flashing 8 times, this could indicate other issues internally.
    Could you confirm how many times the LED flashes before pausing and repeating this sequence?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Hi Adam, thanks for reply, i posted a video just before your answer :)
    Hi Patrice,

Many thanks for the video.
    Unfortunately on the video it just cuts off how many times the Power LED flashes.
    Could you confirm the exact amount of times the Power LED flashes? 

Many thanks
    Adam
    The green light blink during all the fan session. So 20 times.
    Hi Patrice,

Thanks for confirming this.

This could indicate that the lamp has failed, have you tried another known working PRM-35 lamp in the projector?

Many thanks
    Adam
  • whitedrmswhitedrms Posts: 1
    Today early in the morning our power fluctuated a few times. In the morning the Promethan UST-P2 would not turn on. I unplugged it for about 30 minutes and tried again. It did not come on. Then I unplugged it for 5 hours and tried again. Now the green light flashes and stops and the green light and the orange lamp light stay on solid. I unplugged it now and I will leave it that way overnight to see if it resolves. If not, what do you suggest I do next?
  • @whitedrms
    I would recommend reaching out to our support team with the serial number of the projector in question and a description of the number of times the green LED flashes.  Depending on the sequence of flashes that are present, they may have additional steps to recommend or questions to ask.
  • demerydemery Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a PRM-10, the machine won't turn on. When I hit the power button the light turns green and the fan comes on. Then, the power button flashes red 45 times. The warning light is not on. I feel like I may have clicked something I shouldn't have on the remote, but can't be sure. Please help!!!
  • Hi demery,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community.

With the PRM-10 not displaying an image there are a few things we would want to check and test.

Have you recently replaced the lamp? If so, please make sure that the lamp door is closed and secure. 

If you have not changed the lamp recently please do the following
    1. Make sure the vents are clean and free of dust. Do not use compressed air on the vents, instead you would want to suck the dust out of them.
    2. Disconnect the projector from power for at least 30 minutes before plugging in and trying to power on.
    3. If the issue remains, you may want to try a known working lamp in this projector.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie