|

Can not use Wacom Intuos Peo small size with latest ActivInspire v2.6

MGadAllahMGadAllah Posts: 18
edited April 2016 in Software Solutions
Hi,I used to use ActivInspire since a long time ago to make educational screen casting.
I am using the professional version as I am a registered client.
I used to use my graphic tablet mentioned in the subject with no problem at all.
Since upgrading ActivInspire to v2.6 I can no longer use the Wacom tablet at all.
I thought that it may be a tablet issue, so I reinstalled the latest version of the Wacom driver but it did not solve the problem. then I thought it may be the pen I am using with the tablet so I've purchased another Wacom pen and was disappointed that it is still not working.
So I continued to troubleshoot the problem and reinstalled Windows 7, but it still the same problem, so I switched to version Windows 10 but was very disappointed that it still not working.
Then I thought to roll back to version 2.4 and was surprised that it is working flawlessly the way it used to be, then when I upgraded to v2.6 I found the problem still exist and the pen tool does not working at all.
The tablet working with everything else on the computer like paint, journal, photoshop ...etc except AtivInspire.
Also using the mouse with the pen tool or highlighter in ActivInspire is working ok in v2.6 but the Wacom does not work at all.
So please may you help me with this issue?
https://youtu.be/2MfEmB6uIOM
Thanks a lot
Mohamed GadAllah

Comments

• edited April 2016
    wow !! i have spent about 4 hours on doing exactly same as you have. I installed the recent update too and since having this problem.It works with everything else but not with activinspire but works as a mouse.
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 178 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi and thanks for posting!

We are aware of this issue and this is with our software development team, as you have found using ActivInspire 2.4 is a viable work around for this.

We hope to have this corrected in a future release of ActivInspire.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 634682)
  • MGadAllahMGadAllah Posts: 18
    edited April 2016
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Ok, I hope to find a solution for this issue in the next version, and I would like to recommend adding a note in the download page for this version to let other members save their times troubleshooting this issue as I've spent about 10 hours to figure it out plus about 89 usd for a new wacom pen.
    Ofcourse I know Promethean team is very helpful and for sure will keep helping us all.
    Is it possible to link the latest issued version of v.5 of ActivInspire? so I can test if it is working or not?
    Also it will be great if you offer previous versions of ActivInspire like latest version of each release like this way:
     version 1 ... link for latest released copy of version 1
      version 2 ... link for latest released copy of version 2
     version 3 ... link for latest released copy of version 3
     version 4 ... link for latest released copy of version 4
     version 5 ... link for latest released copy of version 5
     version 6 ... it is the current version
    etc
  • edited April 2016
    please can i have the link the link to the previous version so I can download it??? Our board pens that come with Activinspire do not work due to how the projectors are fitted( moves a lot so calibration is hard) 

please put the link down to previous version as i desperately need the pen to work.
    edited April 2016
    I've got an email telling "Your Case Reference Number 00634682 has been marked as resolved and no further action is needed on your part."
    I do not know how you marked it as resolved!?
    edited April 2016
    Ok, I will upload the version for you :)
    edited April 2016
    Hi,

Apologies for the confusion here. The issue you experiencing has been passed to our software team, as you and Navanja have managed to get your tablets working using the older version of the software.

Until this issue is corrected in a future software release then there is not a lot more that we can do hence the reason this case was closed, alas this does trigger an email to say that the issue was resolved so apologies for that..

I will ensure that you do not get an email such as this again.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

edited April 2016
    Thanks a lot my friend, I understand .. no problem!
    What about my suggestions mentioned above regarding adding note to the download link and list previous versions for any one need it because I've some troubles uploading the version for Navanja Rushanthan ... Also I'd like to try activinspiresuite+v2.5.66477+en_us+setup.exe   as well :)
    Thanks for your time Paul.
    edited April 2016
    Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass your suggestion on to our team to see if we can do this.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

edited April 2016
    Thanks my friend :)
    edited April 2016
    I've found this copy of 2.5 but it is not in English 
    http://storage30-free.uloz.to/Ps;Hs;fid=95196219;cid=257734064;rid=281411451;up=0;uip=45.244.121.6;t...
    Just rename it and remove the last xxx
    Hope this may work for you
  • RedRed Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    I'm having the same problem and can't find version 2.4 online. Please make this available.
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 411 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi,

Please download it from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/activinspire2-4

Thank you

Miguel
    edited April 2016
    What about activinspiresuite+v2.5.66477+en_us+setup.exe ?
    May you please share it ?
    edited April 2016
    https://promethean.app.box.com/activinspire2-4
  • Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 411 mod
    edited April 2016
    Hi,

Please download version 2.5.66477 suite from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/s/2oox1b4g9hnyard2nfme0x3agmw7o2a2

Thank you

Miguel
  • edited April 2016
    thanks I received an email and downloaded it, seem to be only issue that my tray of tools icons keep changing to larger size to 32 then i have to change it back each time. nothing to do with profiles too as i changed and saved iit. something i can live with though, pen works :)
  • edited April 2016
    thanks for your help ! hopefully the newer version will have it sorted it. 
  • JingJing Posts: 5
    I encountered the same problem. Does anyone know where to download V 2.4 for Mac ? 
    My Wacom writing pad just not working properly now :(
  • JingJing Posts: 5
    Hi,

Please download it from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/activinspire2-4

Thank you

Miguel
    Hi, Miguel

Do you have this version available to Mac ?
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    Hi Jing,

You can download the previous version on Mac on the below link:
    https://promethean.box.com/s/ins6a45f91i6plp8j0ykq31bos1tptcd

I hope this helps with your tablet.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Hello,

I downloaded latest ActivInspire version 2.8.666693 and activdriver version 5.14.21. The problem still exists: Pen works with every other software (Paint, OneNote, Gimp, Inkscape, Krita...) but not with ActivInspire.  I have Wacom Intuos Draw White Pen Small. 

Mouse works with ActivInspire so it is hard to understand why ActivInspire does not treat the pen same way as mouse when I set the Wacom stylus in mouse mode using the stylus configuration software.  I don't mind, if the pressure detection does not work, but I really would like to use pen as mouse.

Regards
    Ahti

• Hi asyreeni,

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of the issue and this is still with our development team as this appears to have broke between version 2.4 to 2.8.

You can uninstall your current version of ActivInspire and install version 2.4 to get this feature to work from the below link:
    https://promethean.app.box.com/v/activinspire2-4

The reason why it will work with your mouse but not your Wacom device is because the mouse is a mouse input and your Wacom device is classed as a tablet which Windows recognises (and ActivInspire) as different forms of touch events. 

I hope this information helps for the time being.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Very happy!!!  Thank you for the link!  I uninstalled my 2.8 version and installed the 2.4 version.  My bamboo wacom tablet is working superbly now!   Thank you.
  • Hi vpillers,

You're most welcome, enjoy!

Adam
    Just updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777 and finally my Wacom Intuos Pro working flawlessly :)
    The last working version was v2.4.66096 
    2.5.x and 2.6.x and 2.7.x and 2.8.x were not working at all with my Wacom tablet.
    Thanks for that update :)
    By the way I've tried the new ClassFlowDesktop and I am not impressed or comfort with it and I will stick to ActivInspire, especially that I am not using any Promethean products except ActivInspire for my educational screen casting video tutorials in conjunction with Camtasia Studio and Snagit from TechSmith.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    Hi MGadAllah,

Thanks for posting.

We are welcoming any feedback on ClassFlow Desktop as this will be our next generation of software moving forward. 
    Our developers are working very hard to ensure that the transition between ActivInspire and ClassFlow Desktop is smooth.
    If you would like to provide any feedback or request any features please fill in the contact form on the link below so we can raise these:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • vpillersvpillers Posts: 4
     @MGadAllah

Thank you for your post regarding ActivInspire v.2.9.66777.  I was too nervous to update my older version in fear of once again losing functionality of my Wacom tablet.  Thanks to your post, I updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777, and so far everything is working wonderfully!

Question: Have you tried using your Wacom tablet with ClassFlow Desktop?  Now that I'm finally comfortable using my Wacom with ActivInspire after spending countless hours getting them to work together, I am very apprehensive to try the ClassFlow Desktop.  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/experiences with respect to using your Wacom tablet with ClassFLow.

Thank you
  • Hi @MGadAllah

In order to use ClassFlow Desktop on your Wacom tablet, you would need the ActivDriver downloaded and installed on your tablet, or the device that your tablet is connected to such as a laptop or computer, and you would need the ability to connect the tablet to Promethean hardware in order to activate the software. 

The ActivDriver can be downloaded from here, https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver.

Kind regards,
    James
    edited on July 25 2017
    vpillers said:
     @MGadAllah

Thank you for your post regarding ActivInspire v.2.9.66777.  I was too nervous to update my older version in fear of once again losing functionality of my Wacom tablet.  Thanks to your post, I updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777, and so far everything is working wonderfully!

Question: Have you tried using your Wacom tablet with ClassFlow Desktop?  Now that I'm finally comfortable using my Wacom with ActivInspire after spending countless hours getting them to work together, I am very apprehensive to try the ClassFlow Desktop.  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/experiences with respect to using your Wacom tablet with ClassFLow.

Thank you
    Hi my friend,
    First of all I am very sorry for late reply :( so please accept my apologize.
    My wacom Intuos Pro Small is working as fine with ClassFlow Desktop (Win64-3.0.22) and ActivDriver (5_16_7_x64).
    The reasons for not using the ClassFlow Desktop are:
    - Not all features in ActivInspire has been added to it (unless I am mistaken but I've searched and found many are missing).
    - I am using ActivInspire as a whiteboard and recording some area of the screen using CamtasiaStudio (as it is a bit advanced and rich in features compared to ActivInspire), with active inspire I open the software and adjust the window size, then hit record the white area of the page where I do the explanation. (any tools being used from the right side or the top menu are not shown in the recorded area).
    But with the new software you can not do so and any tool you want to use is fully showed in the screen and you can not avoid it what so ever you do because you can not manage the window size and can not even move it.
    Still thinking about the reason for dropping the ActivInspire towards the ClassFlow.
    But as you know it happened a lot that companies for software do somethings that may not fit users (like microsoft when decided to change start menu in windows 8 and listened to users later on and rolled it back in Windows 10).
    - The arrange of icons and tools in the new software are really not good for me as I do not want the user to see any tools (not for recording sake) but to do not interrupt the lesson flow. In ActivInspire you own the full white area while you do not with ClassFlow.
    - Also I've a note that activation for ClassFlow Desktop will expire in 3 months and then I must use it with a Promethean Board which I do not have, and I only have my ActivInspire serial and I do not have any ClassFlow for Schhol as mentioned by the software, and I've contacted support and they said I do not need ActivInspire serial, so it leads me to some circles :(

Hope this help :)