|

Why does my Promethean keep shutting down?

eisaakieisaaki Posts: 8
I have been working with these boards for years with no problems. Today I thought I was going crazy. I would turn on my board, see my screen and then in a few seconds it would shut off.  From green to red in a few seconds. Help...

Answers

• Hello eisaaki,

To help us look into the issue can you please confirm if it is the projectors LED lights that flash from red to green? The blinks indicate the issue, please record the LED blinks.

Also can you please provide us with the model number of the projector. To help you find this please take a look at the below support article:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1088

Thank you,

Craig
  • eisaakieisaaki Posts: 8
    the lights are the ones on the projector that turn green for on and red when off.  
    Model number is PRM 30A
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 190 mod
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Does the power light start flashing at all when it shuts own or is it just a solid red?

Can you also check the filer on the back, does this appear blocked or full of dust?

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
    I actually took out filter yesterday to clean it... The light is steady.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,986 admin
    Hi, 
    Thanks for your reply.

If the projector is still not displaying an image, I would recommend testing another known working lamp in the projector. 
    If you need help on replacing the lamp, please see the guide below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/pdfs/PRM-30+Lamp+Replacement+English.pdf

Please let us know if this helps get the projector working again.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    The projector is displaying an image...   That is not the problem. The problem is that is that the projector shuts off in seconds of turning on... The image displays.
    H eisaaki,

Thank you for your reply.
    I'd recommend factory resetting your projector to default settings to avoid any settings that may have been changed.
    Please follow the steps located on the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1281

If the projector still turns off after turning on and displaying an image, I'd recommend testing another lamp and this can be a sign that the lamp is failing. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • eireoneireon Posts: 1
    My Promethean pen 35 turn on and project few seconds of the logo then turns off... 
    Hi eireon,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

This could relate to the lamp, have you tried another known working lamp inside the projector?

If the projector still doesn't start up correctly, do you notice a sequence to the LEDs once the projector tries to turn off?

Kind regards,
    Adam