|

Why can't I install ActivInspire for my Mac ios version 10.12

I have tried to download ActivInspire for my Mac ios version 10.12 and it won't allow me to install. I have gone to security settings and allowed it to open from unknown developer, but it keeps returning back saying
“ActivInspire.mpkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    Hi fardusa,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to ActivInspire (along with the ActivDriver), this is only currently supported up to 10.11 on Mac OS.
    They may be some incompatibilities as the software hasn't been fully tested yet with the new Operating system only being released at the end of last month.
    Usually to get around the error you have, you need to change your gatekeeper settings and allow Apps to be installed from Anywhere.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• fardusafardusa Posts: 2

Hi Adam,

I had already tried to allow apps from anywhere in my gatekeeper settings.  However, this option has been removed from the new Mac OS Sierra 10.12.  I am stuck with only two options ( allow apps from App store and/or identified developers) I was hopping that your software would fall under the "identified developers".

Thanks,

Fardusa 

• Hi,

Thank you for you response.

After further investigation there may be a workaround for this issue, however it's at your own risk as ActivInspire is currently still not supported on MAC Sierra.

The “Anywhere” setting can be restored to Gatekeeper in Sierra with a Terminal command. First, quit System Preferences if it’s open and then open a new Terminal window. Enter the following command, followed by your admin password when prompted:

sudo spctl --master-disable
    Now, relaunch System Preferences and head back to the Gatekeeper settings. You’ll now see that “Anywhere” has been restored.

As mentioned above this is done at your own risk as we still don't support our software on MAC Sierra.

Thank you

Miguel

• adamsadowadamsadow Posts: 8
    edited October 2016
    Miguel,

Simple idea for a work-a-round, especially if it works in allowing Mac users to download Sierra and still have ActivInspire work properly.

Everyone else... has anyone tested this approach with success?

Thank you,
    Adam
  • It is now May 2017, does Activinspire now support Mac 10.12.4?  I have the software installed but it simplty will not open.  This is what I get. 
    Activinspire quit unexpectedly.  Click reopen to open the program again.  

It won't open even once!

I have deeply uninstalled the Activinspire Software, reinstalled, restarted my computer.  I don't know what else to do.  I need to work on Flipcharts this summer from home.  Please help!

Francy.

Miguel Promethean said:
    Hi,

Thank you for you response.

After further investigation there may be a workaround for this issue, however it's at your own risk as ActivInspire is currently still not supported on MAC Sierra.

The “Anywhere” setting can be restored to Gatekeeper in Sierra with a Terminal command. First, quit System Preferences if it’s open and then open a new Terminal window. Enter the following command, followed by your admin password when prompted:

sudo spctl --master-disable
    Now, relaunch System Preferences and head back to the Gatekeeper settings. You’ll now see that “Anywhere” has been restored.

As mentioned above this is done at your own risk as we still don't support our software on MAC Sierra.

Thank you

Miguel

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    Hi fancyfrancy,

Both ActivDriver and ActivInspire (these are 2 separate applications) are now supported on Mac OS Sierra. This post was originally created in October 2016.
    You can see the release notes for ActivInspire on the link here.

Please can you ensure that your Flash and Java are up to date? 

If you are still experiencing this issue, if you create a new user on your Mac and ensure that this has full admin permissions, if you install ActivInspire, does this then launch?

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Hello, 

I have tried to install Activinspire on Mac Sierra 10.12.6 and it seems I can not open the file. I have installed ActivDriver but it seems I cannot open the file. 
    Is Activinspire supported on Mac Sierra, or it is still developing? 

Thanks, 

Ariadna Tor
  • Hi Nananiana,

Thanks for posting.
    ActivInspire along with the ActivDriver applications are supported on Mac OS Sierra.

What happens when you try to install these applications? Are you presented with any errors, if so, please provide a screenshot.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hello, 

I have installed Flash Player and when I click on the icon of Activinspire I just get this, as if it didn't find any way to open the file and install it.  

Thanks, 

Ariadna

• dflood815dflood815 Posts: 1
    edited on November 19 2017
    Hi, having the same problem as nananiana, try to install and I get the notification that it can't be opened because it is an unidentified developer. I have already set my preferences to the app store and identified developers, there are no other options that are less stringent. (not sure why the attachments are so big, sorry!)

• Hi Both,

I would recommend referring to the below link for an article on our Support site:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1537

If you require any further assistance please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam