|

Red Flame/No calibration icon

I downloaded ActivInspire on several of our teachers computers this fall, however all of them have a red flame in the upper left corner and some of the pens are not working.  I've tried unplugging, replugging and rebooting.  The Flip Charts work and ActivInspire does show on the screen.  I'm obviously missing a step.  All of our computers are reimaged every summer.  Could that have something to do with it?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you ensure that you have installed the ActivDriver as this is no longer packaged with ActivInspire.
    You can download this from:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

We would recommend removing the USB cable from the ActivBoard to the computer whilst the ActivDriver is being installed. Once installed, connect your USB cable and this should start to connect.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Adam StoneAdam Stone Posts: 1
    hi:)
    i have a new macbook pro, setting up an activboard (projector system) fro th first time
    have installed th activdriver package,
    the wee flame is white when th usb is plugged in (which means all good right?)
    however.. no pen calibration screen,,, and no response from th pen or finger,

have easily got th same board running on a friends windows machine, using th same usb cable,,

not sure what to do next..

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi Adam Stone,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you let us know which ActivBoard model (not the serial number) you are using and the version of Mac OS?

Does the ActivBoard flame LED change colour when the ActivPen is placed on the surface of the Activboard?

Which version of ActivDriver have you installed? This can be found by opening ActivManager and selecting Control Panel, the version number will be listed at the bottom. 

Is the MacBook you are using your own laptop, or is this part of a networked set up? If it's part of a network, it could be that the permissions may be incorrect. 

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Is there another way to calibrate the pen without using the box with the x.  Once i hook my computer to to the board that part of my computer screen disappears.  It doesn't matter if I shrink the screen or not- it's gone.  
    Any ideas?
    Susan
  • Hello, slsingley,

Thank you for contacting Promethean via the Support Community.

If your ActivManager (the little box) shows an X, this indicates a connection issue between your ActivBoard and the computer.

Please kindly let us know the model of Promethean ActivBoard you are using so we may assist with the connection issue.

Best Regards,
    Austin
  • My board has a red flame.  It worked last school year, but does not work since I have come back in September.  
  • Hi linabelina,

Thank you for posting.

Do you have the ActivDriver installed?

If you can help to provide the model number (not serial number).

Please ensure that your USB cable is connected directly to the ActivBoard from your computer.

If you still have any issues please do not hesitate to get in touch directly.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support
  • I am having trouble finding clear information on this: in order to use the ActivBoard to display software from my computer, other than the ActivInspire whiteboard, do I need ActivInspire professional? I do not get the option to display my screen when I open Activinspire. If I need ActivInspire professional, can you point me in the direction where I can find information about this. Thanks!
  • Hi strickland,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community. 

The differences between the ActivInspire Person and Professional editions are a few tools and features, these are outline here, https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/pdfs/ActivInspire_differences+1011v4.1.pdf

To get an image from your computer, whether it is ActivInspire or simply your desktop screen, is the same. You will want to make sure that you are connected to a projector and then as long as your computer is set to "Duplicated Displays" or "Mirrored Display" you will see exactly what is on your computer, on your board.  

Please let us know if we can assist you any further.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie

• Hello, so I have two boards in my school that are ABV387PRO. I have updated and installed the drivers needed. I have used multiple 2.0 cords and pc's to test. The result is that whenever the 2.0 usb (connection for the pens from pc to board) is plugged in, I get the x on the driver in toolbar, and pc constantly beeps as it connects a usb device and then disconnects over and over.  Is this a main board failer on the circuit board or something else I can try? This school is running windows 8. Thanks in advance for any assistance. (Today I got the same issue when the unit was unplugged.....scratching my head on this one.)
  • Hi MrMikeT. This type of issue can occur is the USB cable is too long (try one shorter than 9 feet) or because there are updates needed for Windows or your Bios. We have a support article that goes into more detail on that. 

Thanks,
    Michael
    Promethean Support
  • Thanks for the answer Michael Promethean. I have been using super short cords thinking this may be the issue to no avail. Machines are all updated. I will double check to make sure I have nothing there is nothing funky with bios, but doubt that to be an issue. Using multiple pc's to test with the same result, even my super updated personal machine. Thanks for the link to the support page, I'll take a looksie. 

Mr. Mike T.
  • Hi MrMikeT

That would be great!

Please let us know the results :smiley:

Thanks,

Craig