|

Which pen is needed for my Activboard?

chibilitachibilita Posts: 3
edited on May 1 2017 in Interactive Whiteboards
Hello 
I work for a youth centre project with disadvantaged young people and we have had an Activboard donated to us by a local school, as they were replacing it with a later model.

It has the power cable with it, and I have bought a replacement USB A to USB B cable, in order to connect it to the computer, however we did not receive any instruction manuals or pens/remotes to go with it.

The model number is the PRM AB264P-01, which I am well aware is a very old model, however it would be nice if we could still get it up and running, so I was wondering if you could let me know which pens etc I would need to get this to work?

I have managed to download the software onto the computer, though I am not sure if it would be compatible with this model of board.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Hello chibilita,

Thanks for reaching out via our support community. This model of board will use the ActivPen 3. This article shows the different pens that work with our hardware. 

The latest ActivDriver should be compatible with this board. 

Articles and guides for this model of board will be located here.  It sounds like all you are missing is the pen. If needed, replacements may be available on our needitnow site.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Promethean Support

• chibilitachibilita Posts: 3
    Hello Michael

Thank you for your help regarding the pen. I have bought one and the cable has also arrived, so I have now set it up. When I first plugged in the board, my computer downloaded the relevant drivers for both the pen and the board. The white flame symbol is also lit up in the corner, however I cannot seem to get the board to switch on and show what is on the computer screen. I have tried unplugging everything and re-plugging it back in, as well as selecting the duplicate display option on the computer (though that is generally used for projectors, rather than interactive boards) but that has not seemed to have made any effect. 

The manual for this particular board did not appear to be on the website, but having found a manual for another board it suggests that we need a remote. Is this also the case for this board? If so where would we be able to get hold of one?
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,668 admin
    Hi chibilita,

Thank you for your reply email.

The issue you are experiencing now is relating to the projector.
    Do you know the model number of projector you are using? This can be located directly on the projector. 
    Please do not provide the serial number of this.
    If you need help locating the model number, please refer to the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1502

If your projector is a Promethean branded projector, is this turning on and displaying an image? 
    What cables are you using from your projector to the computer? Is this an HDMI/VGA cable? Do you use any converters or adapters? 
    Do any LEDs show on the projector when you try to turn this on?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • chibilitachibilita Posts: 3
    Sorry if this sounds ridiculous but I was not aware that we needed a projector for it. You would have assumed that the school who gave us the board would have informed us of that fact but apparently not. I swear the ones that we used when I was at school did not need projectors. Which ones are compatible with this model?
  • Hi chibilita,

Any projector can be used with our ActivBoards as it is simply a way of getting the image onto the surface of the ActivBoard.  Of course we can only support our own but any should be fine for you.  The correct aspect ration for this would be 4:3 and as this is the most common any projector you find should be capable of delivering this.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support