|

Windows password for the ActivTable

jdiffjdiff Posts: 7
I do not remember the Windows password for the ActivTable in my classroom. Help?

Best Answers

• jdiffjdiff Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer
    I have the internet cable connected but it still will not move past the "checking" stage. 
    Accepted Answer
    I will stop trying to update since I have the latest version.  LOL.  Thank you very much!

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 mod
    Hi jdiff , 

Is the ActivTable that you have a Windows 7 table or Windows 8 table? And have you ever changed the password after you received the table?

Thanks, 
    James 
    I am assuming it is Windows 7, but I don't know for sure. It won't update from the ActivTable setting so I don't know if it is connected. I think we set it up Windows with a password, but we have had a change of personnel. None of the known passwords work.
  • Nayeli PrometheanNayeli Promethean Posts: 46 mod
    Hi jdiff, 

Thank you for providing us with the requested information. To reset the password you will need to reset the ActivTable to factory settings. Please click on the link below for instructions on how to perform a factory reset to the ActivTable: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1103

Thanks, 

Nelly 

My tech guy is here and we figured it out! Thanks.
    We have the wifi working, but it will not get past the "checking" message when I try to see if there are any updates. Any ideas?  The version is 1.4.1.1
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,877 admin
    Hi jdiff,

Thanks for posting.

It could possibly be a proxy on the network blocking this from being checked.
    If you connect an ethernet connection and try and search for updates, does this work?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • submom01submom01 Posts: 2
    When I turn on the table it's asking to change the user password ...I do not know the old password as I received the table from another teacher and she doesn't remember it. How do I change the password if I don't know the old password?? Thanks
    Thanks everyone.  I figured out the password and was able to hardwire the internet for Windows updates.