|

Classflow Desktop All Users

I am having an issue w/ the Classflow Desktop msi.  It looks like it is trying to install per user which makes it hard for me with various GPO's in place for security.  Is there a method to get the software to install to the Program Files folder or all users?  I have tried installing it as local admin and the seemed to be a no go.  I deployed it via SCCM (System rights) and that gives me this error message when logged in as a user - 

We have the correct C++ version so not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• The ClassFlow Desktop software does not allow its installation to be directed to any user-specified path.  We can raise this with our teams hear as an enhancement for a future release of the software, if you would like.

in regards to the error message received, our experience with errors such as this relating to the ClassFlow Desktop software most often point to a problem with permissions on the user account not allowing parts of the software to operate.
  • IT_GuyIT_Guy Posts: 7
    Jarrad,

Thanks for the follow up.  I was able to work my way through this, however I've had to compromise some security measures we have in place (GPO).  Specifically NOT disabling command script processing which concerns me.  Is there a specific batch file that is running in the background or some other way to keep my usual setup in place, yet allow your installation to work?
  • Hi IT_Guy,

Thanks for your reply.

It is an internal process that can't be stopped. We've raised this with the ClassFlow Desktop Development team to review and see if they can amend in the future.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • IT_GuyIT_Guy Posts: 7
    Fair enough.  Is there anyway the development team can reveal the names of that process so that I could create Applocker rules in group policy to achieve my security goal? 
  • Hi IT_Guy

That is typically information that our development team does not share. This issue has been raised with the development team for review for possibly amending in the future. 

• JojoJojo Posts: 16
    edited on May 22 2017
    I just read a memo from Promethean about ClassFlow eventually replacing the ActivInspire software. Does this include the ActivDriver software also or is this still needed for computer-to-board hardware communication?

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1616

• Hi Jojo,

The ActivDriver isn't included in the ActivInspire or ClassFlow Desktop software as such it will need to be download separate to allow your ActivBoard/ActivPanel to work.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support