|

Will Classflow Desktop Features Be The Same For Activconnect??

With classflow desktop and features like Text Recognition, it seems Activconnect is lacking in the same functionality. 

I am just checking in to see if these will be equal or not? I know Text Recognition is a big one I would love to see. 

Thanks

Answers

• Hi coasttech,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The ClassFlow Desktop software isn't available on the ActivConnect G-series as this is designed for Desktop computers, as such the features will be different as these are designed to serve different purposes.
    The ActivConnect G-series is designed to enhance your experience with the ActivPanel at the front of the room as this can allow mirroring, easy access to the web and access to download a variety of applications available from the Promethean Store or Google PlayStore.

The ActivConnect G-series does allow you to use the ClassFlow icon which you can find on the wheel on the ActivConnect G-series home to allow you to log in to ClassFlow and create and present your lessons that you have created and saved to your account. This is different to how the current ClassFlow Desktop looks and interacts.

Whilst we are passing many features on to the ClassFlow development teams, it looks like the Text Recognition which is present in ClassFlow Desktop isn't available on the ClassFlow Instant Whiteboard once logged in to ClassFlow. We can help to raise this with the ClassFlow team so they can review for future releases. 

If you have any other feedback we would gladly look into these suggestions and pass them on to the relevant development teams for future consideration.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • coasttechcoasttech Posts: 24
    I hope promethean can find some continuity between there products and there functionality. Software is software, this one is an android os. To talk about how diversely different they are then give them the same names is a bit slight of hand when in the end they are the same. 

To ask for people to invest in something like Activconnect then roll out better features for the "desktop" version is.. not okay. 

Heres hoping for Activconnect can up it's game.. and not be forgotten
  • Hi coasttech,

Thank you for your reply.

I will be happy to pass this along to the ActivConnect G-series development team and hopefully in the future we can see some more features brought across from ClassFlow and cover this on the ActivConnect G-series device itself.

If you do have any more feedback please do not hesitate to get in touch and we'll be glad to look into this.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Seeing as ActivConnect G Series is a pretty new product I really hope so. Text Recognition is a pretty huge thing for teachers. Seeing all the features Google Jamboard has including Text Recognition on there whiteboard and using and an android operating system makes me hopeful ActivConnect G can get better. Getting teachers to start using Classflow Desktop would make ActivConnect G almost pointless. 
  • Hi coasttech,

Thanks for your reply.

We will be happy to pass this feedback on to help to improve the instant whiteboard application to include features like the Text Recognition. 

We do allow for additional applications to be downloaded on the ActivConnect G-series from the Google Playstore or Promethean Store, so if you do find other applications that can help have extra features then we welcome these to be used and are glad to have this feedback to help improve the ActivConnect G-series moving forward.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    I get that but the whiteboard is part if the core functionality of ActivConnect G. I am more interested in prometheans commitment to the hardware/software they sell and update the ActivConnect G.
  • Hi coasttech,

Thanks for your reply.

I think we may have got crossed wires somewhere along the lines here, so I just want to clarify, what specifically do you want updating to the ActivConnect G-series? 
    Since the product has been released over the past year we have had many updates to the device and this is still being kept fully up to date which is including features and fixes all of the time. 

I have passed the feedback regarding the whiteboard application and have raised this as an enhancement with the software development team to review and hopefully implement these changes in future software releases.

Many thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    edited on July 18 2017
    No wires crossed.. update as in features and usefulness as discussed in this thread. 

I feel your narrative is for me to view them as different products. I don't, if anything ActivConnect G being something new, that no one is doing but promethean I would hope they would want it to be as great as the "desktop" version and not just an expensive google app store mirroring box.

• Hi coasttech,

Thanks for clarifying and for your feedback.

We do see these as two different products and therefore the features between ClassFlow Desktop and the ActivConnect G-series are somewhat different as they serve different purposes.
    We have raised the enhancement for the text recognition for the ActivConnect G-series whiteboard with our development team to look into already. 

The ActivConnect G-series is an Android powered external device that gives the ActivPanel tablet-like capabilities which allows you to harness the power of teaching and learning apps to complement your interactive lessons.

We understand that each teacher has different ways of teaching and teaching methods, we try to help provide solutions which can be implemented into the classroom so that teachers can make use of these and integrate them with their day to day teaching.

Kind regards,
    Adam

I feel by you saying you're making different "products" for people so they can use your technology based on what works for them, makes NO sense if there is no continuity with your products. 

If I can do more with desktop ver and it empowers me more as a teacher and makes learning better for my students, it is promethean that is the decision-maker.

Again you name them the same. ActivConnect G is tech made by you to directly interact with your technology. How is that not priority. 

Also most teachers do not pick what tech they use in the classroom. I also did my research and had no clue "desktop" app was being made that would make ActivConnect G pointless to the point of being less functional. 

• Hi coasttech,

Thank you for your reply.

We have reviewed this forum post, and I just need to be clear that we are referring to the Instant Whiteboard applications built into the ActivConnect G-Series, and the Instant Whiteboard portion of ClassFlow Desktop.
    The Instant Whiteboard built into the ActivConnect G-Series is designed for teachers to very quickly create annotations whilst they are in any application on the G-Series.
    Whilst the feature sets of both versions of the instant whiteboards are not currently aligned, we are gathering feedback such as yours and passing onto the product development teams for them to decide on the best way forward for both ClassFlow Desktop and the Instant Whiteboard application within the ActivConnect G-Series in regards to specific features.
    Promethean are constantly striving for improvements in our entire product ranges, and we are constantly researching new technological developments and innovations, to look at the plausibility within the education sector globally.
    We welcome and value feedback such as yours for any of our products and rest assured that all of your comments and ideas are passed to the relevant teams within Promethean for consideration in future updates.

Thanks
    Adam

edited on July 19 2017
    You have two products the look the same, have almost the same names, ui design and functionality but are different and I should not think of them the same.. You are developing Classflow desktop to have almost the same features and the same named but different then ActivConnect G-Series but with more features but they are not the same.

I must point out there is a "annotation" feature on the ActivConnect G-Series and a whiteboard. I must also point out there is a "annotation" feature on the Classflow Desktop and a whiteboard. Keep in mind these are not the same with the same UIish but different. 

Got it, Thanks for taking my feed back.