|

Chromebook Compatibility

I heard that Activeboard Touch's are plug and play compatible with Chromebooks yet on the website it only lists Mac, Windows, and Linux.  So, do Chromebooks work well with Activeboard Touch?

Also, which Promethean product is the BEST when working with Chromebooks? Activepanels or Activeboard Touch?  Any limitations?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Mike,

We have ActivBoard 10 Touch boards because we were told that they worked out of the box with Chromebooks.  However, they are not calibrated out of the box so we installed the ActivManager extension but it does not recognize the ActivBoard 10 hardware.  Please advise.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi HEPennyPacker,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The ActivBoard 10 Touch doesn't support the Chrome OS (as shown on the product specification sheet) and will not show in ActivManager on the Chrome app.
    We will raise this with our hardware and software team to help support the ActivBoard 10 Touch on the Chrome OS.

As a side note, I have tested this with one in our office, and whilst not supported I was able to get touch working (you need to have the projector on!) and this wasn't that far out of alignment. We did have to ensure that a native resolution for both the ActivBoard and projector were being used on the Chrome OS from the display settings which improved alignment.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • JFarleyJFarley Posts: 1
    Are there any plans to update Activmanager so that a chromebook can be compatible with a Activboard 2 as we currently have these installed in our school and are now using chromebooks rather than laptops? If not is there something else we can use to be able to use the interactivity of the Activboard 2 with out chromebook?
  • Hi JFarley,

At this time there isn't a plan.   To work with those board you must have a computer with ActivDriver installed.  Once you have the ActivDriver installed on the computer you will be able to connect to those board.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • hooperphooperp Posts: 1
    edited on July 26 2018
    Exactly why I won't spend another dollar of my district's money on Promethean products if I can avoid it. Chrome support has never been a priority for this company. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi hooperp,

Thanks for posting on the Support community.

Please be rest assured that we do pass on your concerns to our development team to review for consideration for future development.

Is there a particular product that you wish to work with the Chrome OS? 

Many thanks
    Adam

• I only have a chromebook and i do not know what brord i have? but i need activeinspier
  • Hi briandeyoung03,

Thank you for posting.

ActivInspire is not compatible with a Chromebook, however you can use ClassFlow as this is browser-based and does not require any software to be installed.
    Please take a look at www.ClassFlow.com for further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam