|

Connection to PRM-35 w/ActivBoard 300/500 using HDMI problem

Hi,

I just transitioned from VGA to HDMI in connecting my computer to the PRM-35 and ActivBoard 300/500 setup.  I noticed the folders on my desktop disappeared and I can't access any of the programs on it.  For instance, ActivInspire doesn't open.  When I switch back to the VGA source all the folders and programs are accessible.  

What adjustments do I need to make in order for the HDMI source to work properly?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• teachsfteachsf Posts: 4
    Thank you for the information.  It worked out after I adjusted the screen settings.

Thank you!
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi teachsf,

Thank you for your reply post.

Glad to hear that this is now displaying correctly.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • JuliewJuliew Posts: 1
    Hello
    I am trying to connect new desktops to old Promethean IWB's. There is no VGA connection on the desktop and so I wondering whether a connector would work without loss of function? Alternatively, would it work if I plug the VGA cable from the IWB into the monitor of the desktop, seeing that the monitor and the hard drive are connected with the white DVI cable? 
    Thank you
    Juliew
  • Hi Juliew,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community. 

We can not guarantee the functionality of a connector with our hardware. We know that the projectors will work with the cables that were provided with it. Assuming the monitor has a VGA OUT port, connecting the projector to the monitor would work fine. If the VGA port is an IN port, it will not work the way you are asking. 

Its worth noting that the interaction with the board will not change when you adjust your cabling with the Projector as you will not be adjusting the USB cable that controls the interaction between the computer and board.  

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support