|

Dual pen mode won't work on 595 Pro board

Hello!  So I just stepped into a position of educational tech support.. and have a board in a room that hasn't been used in a couple years.  I've got it up and running but cannot get the dual pen mode to work.  When using two pens... they are just drawing a line between them.. Is there a trick to using dual pen mode? Or do I need special pens?

Answers

• Hi aschurg,

Please ensure that you are running the latest version of ActivDriver and ActivInspire available in the links below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

Once these have been installed please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support

• Miguel,
    I have installed the newest Activdriver... and the dual pen mode still isn't working.  I am wondering if there are steps to use this mode that I am unaware of.

Thanks!
    Andrea
  • Hi aschurg,

To double check, are you using both the Dark grey ActivPen (referred to as the Teacher ActivPen) and the light gray pen (Student)? Or 2 of the same coloured ActivPens?

What version of ActivInspire is being used? You can check this by clicking on Help>About (Windows) or ActivInspire>About ActivInspire (Mac). 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Okay - so we have 2 of the dark grey (teacher) pens.. and do not have any student pens.  I will get some ordered! However.. when watching tutorial videos.. I thought they said you could use one pen and one finger at the same time.  Is this incorrect?
  • Hi aschurg,

That is correct, when you launch Dual mode you will be able to select the student device as touch input. 
    We would recommend ensuring that the latest ActivDriver (currently 5.16.7) and the latest version of ActivInspire (currently 2.10) are installed on the computer.

Kind regards,
    Adam