|

Why is my pen/board freezing when I desktop annotate over a Chrome website?

Just within the last month, my ActivInspire, Promethean Board, and Chrome webdriver have decided they no longer want to play nicely together! When I launch ActivInspire, the tools (pens)work perfectly. However, if I switch to Chrome, either by minimizing the ActivInspire or by using desktop annotate, the pens will no longer work.  IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! Please help! I need to be able to access the Internet while in ActivInspire in order to use some of our district's online curriculum.  Thanks! ~Tracey

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi TraceyTill,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

I believe that a firmware upgrade will fix this issue. So we can identify the model of ActivBoard you are using please can you check the model number on the side of the ActivBoard? 

If this is a 300 series ActivBoard the product code will look similar to ABV3**(size of ActivBoard 78/87/95)PRO.
    If so, you can download the relevant firmware and find the instructions on the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1038
    Please ensure the correct size is downloaded for your model of ActivBoard.

If you have a 500 series ActivBoard please let us know so we can advise further.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Our boards are sooooo old (10 years) that there is no series number on the sides of the boards. They are in the back, and our boards are mounted on the wall... Please advise.
  • Found the series number: ABV378E100 This is a screen shot of the message I get when following the installation instructions:

• When all else fails... follow the instructions! Thanks, Adam for helping me to this solution. I was able to upgrade my firmware this morning and all appears to be working.  Will let you know if I have any further issues.  Thanks! ~Tracey 
  • Hi TraceyTill,

You're most welcome, glad to know that this has helped with the issue.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. 

Enjoy your day!

Adam
  • Would you recommend the rest of the classrooms with the same model board run the firmware upgrade as well? Thanks! 
  • Hi TraceyTill,

If the other ActivBoards are experiencing this issue we would recommend the firmware upgrade as this should help to fix this issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam