|

Are Activpen 3 IWB pens end of life?

Are Activpen 3 IWB pens end of life?

Answers

• I have the same question. We've been told "ARAAC2PENSET" is the replacement but I'm not sure if that's correct. We have 40+ boards and go through a large number of pens. 
  • Also, if I upgrade the firmware on a board to support the new pen type, will the OLD Activpen 3 pens still work on that board? Our teachers carry their own pens to classrooms. 
  • Hi martinh, ActivPen 3 is now end of life.  We are working on a solution and hope to give an announcement by the end of this quarter.

Evans748392, if you upgrade the firmware then your original ActivPen3 will continue to work.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • Thanks for that Paul.

Could you also tell me if the Activboard 6 volt power supply's (FW7400/06) are also end of life?

-Martin
  • Hi martinh,

Thanks for posting. 

The power supply for the ActivBoard 2nd Generation is end of life. 
    You may be able to source a suitable replacement online. The specifications of the power supply are listed on the power brick, providing that this is met, you should have no issues sourcing a third party power supply.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Will these pens work with the Activboard 2nd generation IWB's? https://www.touchboards.com/promethean/araac2penset/

• Hi martinh,

Thanks for your reply post.
    It does appear that this is a correct listing for the ActivArena kit for the ActivBoard 2nd Generation.

There is a firmware upgrade that needs to be performed, instructions can be found on the below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1030

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • aphyallaphyall Posts: 1
    @Paul Promethean Is there a solution to the ActivPen3 
  • At this time, @aphyall, the ActivArena Kit mentioned previously (Part code ARAAC2PENSET) in this post is our replacement for the ActivPen3.

Be advised as above that there will be a firmware upgrade needed for the second-generations board with which these pens are compatible; that update can be obtained from Article 1030 on our Support Website.