|

Projector is very dim

My projector is so dim, my class can barely see it with the lights off. I just put a brand new bulb in so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks for any help you can give!

Answers

• If there is any additional hardware used to make the video connection to this Projector (such as a wallbox, a docking station, a document camera, or any extension cabling), please try connecting to the Projector directly using only a single length of HDMI or VGA cable from the computer to any of the appropriate inputs on the Projector.

If this has no effect on the brightness or clarity of the image thrown by the Projector, please reach out to our support team with the serial number of that Projector along with a picture of what that Projector is displaying on the surface with which it is used.
  • lneunerlneuner Posts: 2

Does the projector light slowly get dimmer, or does it go out completely.  We have to close the blinds and turn off the lights to see our projection.  Do I need a new bulb or is there another problem?

• lneunerlneuner Posts: 2
    How do you clean the Promethean board?  Can Windex be used?
  • Hello Lneuner, 

In response to your first question, for a dim image we would always recommend trying another known working lamp (bulb) in the projector. This will tell you if it is just the lamp or if there is a deeper issue. 

For information on how to clean and maintain your Promethean Hardware please review the following article for more information about your specific unit: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1462

Kind Regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support