|

PRM-30 Lamp Stuck inside Projector

Hello,

I have a PRM-30 and I am trying to remove the lamp. However, even though all the screws have been undone, the lamp is still stuck and I can not pull it out. I believe the power connector is holding it in place. It does move around quite freely inside the housing area. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how the lamp can be removed?

Thank you,

TAtkinson

Answers

• Hi TAtkinson,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

We do have a short video that shows the removal of a PRM-30 lamp, please see the video on the link below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/video/prm-30-lamp-replacement

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi Adam,

I have followed all the steps except I am unable to remove the lamp once all three screws have been undone. The lamp is physically caught/attached to something and I can not remove it without using a lot of force which would break both the lamp and the projector.
    This is a brand new lamp that I installed yesterday but I am needing to remove it due to another issue.
    Is there any knowledge about how I could get the lamp unstuck or am I going to have to use breaking force?

Thank you,

TAtkinson
  • Hi TAtkinson,

This is quite an unusual issue, did the previous lamp come out of the projector with any issues?

Is the replacement lamp an official Promethean lamp? 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support
  • Hi Adam,

It is very weird. I have changed many projector bulbs in my jobs but I've never seen this before.
    The old lamp came out without any issues at all. And yes it is an official Promethean lamp.

-TAtkinson
  • Hi TAtkinson,

Is it possible that one of the screws is still in position or have these all been removed?
    Where you able to get the lamp out of the projector?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hi Adam,

I removed all of the screws from the lamp each time I tried but I have still been unsuccessful with removing it.

-TAtkinson
  • Hi TAtkinson,

Thanks for the update.

Are you able to provide any photos of the lamp housing on the projector so we can take a look?

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Support

• Hi Adam,

I think I have found the problem. The bulb seems to have had short-circuited and melted the power connector in the projector. I have taken it apart to see if I can clean it but it's pretty much done for. I'll have to see if I can return the bulb and swap the projector. Thank you for your help! 

-TAtkinson
  • Hi TAtkinson,

Thanks for your update.

It may be worth seeing if that same projector works with another lamp just in case its caused any further damage to the projector or not.

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam