|

ActiveInspire continuously crashes while being used on Premethean board

We just migrated to Win 10 64bit and now users are experiencing issues with files, when using touch feature, the program crashes. This randomly happens with different files and only when touch is used. It seems stable when you work with the mouse. 

I've tried to uninstall and perform a fresh install of 2.14, but the program still randomly crashes. 

Answers

• Hi dshendrik,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you advise if you log on to the computer as a local admin user, does the same issue happen?

Are you using ActivInspire with a Promethean product? If so, what is the model number? 
    Can you confirm the ActivDriver version too? 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• Hi Adam,

We are using it with ActiveBoard 70. I tried opening up the files on multiple boards as under local admin account, ActiveInspire still randomly crashes. The driver is 5.17.13

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi dshendrik,

Thanks for your reply.

On one of the affected computers, can you uninstall ActivInspire by following the manual uninstall steps as listed on the below article:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1644

Once uninstalled, please restart your computer, then install ActivInspire 2.14 again under a local admin account and let us know if you still have any issues.
    If you do, are you ever able to replicate when the program crashes?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I have installed ActivInspire 2.14 today on my Mac and it continually crashed before even opening. Once I did manage to get it to open, it then crashed when I tried to move through the flipchart. I have had to uninstall it and reinstall an old version (version 11) that then doesn't allow me to drag screenshots onto the flipchart. Please help. 
  • @HelenLascelles

Does the software behave in the same manner when logging in with a different user or Admin account on that Mac?

If you remove the software according the the below instructions:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1644

then re-install the software using the installer downloaded from the ActivInspire Download page on our support website, does the same behavior occur?
  • Hi, I have removed the software and then re-installed it and the same thing happened. I have had to uninstall it again and then go back to an old version of Activinspire. I have had to reinstall version 2.11 which is the only one that I can find. Is it possible for you to email a copy of version 2.12 which worked much better for me but I can't find a copy of it?
  • Hi HelenLascelles,

I will send you an email in regard to this issue.  Please check your inbox shortly.

Kind regards,
    Paul