|

Latest update on MacMini causes board to not work

Earlier this week, I updated my Mac Mini.  My Promethean pen will no longer work on board.  When plugging in the USB cable, it says ActivManager- one device found.  I can use the pen to Calibrate the board, but when it switches to the flipchart, the pen will no longer work.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi JLee55x,

Thanks for posting.
    Can you help to confirm the model number of the Promethean hardware that you are using?
    The flipchart that you are using, is this within ActivInspire? 
    What happens when you try and use the pen within the flipchart once selecting the pen tool? Does the cursor follow where you place the pen?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • This is a screenshot of the Hardware that is list in the control panels.
    ActivInspire will work as long as you are using the mouse on the computer, but the pens will not work on the board. And everything was working great until I did the last update on Mac.

• Hi JLee55x,

Do the pens work on the ActivBoard outside of ActivInspire?
    From the firmware version that you have provided a screenshot of, this is an ActivBoard 2nd Generation with the ActivArena firmware applied.
    Are you using the correct pens for this ActivBoard?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • The board works fine if I use my slow (about to stop working) windows machine. And yes, I am using the exact pens you have posted. 
  • Hi JLee55x,

Thanks for your reply, can you confirm what version of Mac OS you are using? 
    Could you try and cycle power to the ActivBoard by removing the USB cable and also turning the power off from the mains.
    Please ensure that if the projector is on the same power socket that this is turned off before with enough time to cool.
    Leave this for 10 minutes and reconnect and test.
    Do the flame LED's change when the pen is placed on the ActivBoard now?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Здравствуйте! Сегодня попробовала установить профессиональную версию для доски Актив Ворд, внесла серийный номер, код продукта и мне говорят, что неверный номер, а ниже пояснение: что для одного
  • Hi Марина,

Thanks for posting.

Please could you help to ask your question in English so we can best advise on a solution?

Many thanks
    Adam

• This is the information about the MacMini that I am trying to get the board to work with.
    Yes, the board lights up when I am Calibrating the board.  However, after I calibrate the pen with the board and it switches to the flipchart, it will no longer respond.
  • Thank you for the help.  Making sure 'activhardwareservice' was enabled under Accessibility fixed the issue.
  • Hi JLee55x,

Glad to hear that this has helped with your issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam