Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sara CrawfordSara Crawford
      Participant

I am trying to help some of our teachers troubleshoot some calibration issues.  The cursor is not lining up with where the pen is placed on the board.  We tried calibrating but that did not work.  The driver has been updated and we updated the firmware.  After the firmware was updated to v8.09, the calibration screen would disappear after clicking the center of the screen.  This is happening on a Windows 7 machine and the board is AB387PRO.  Is there a way to return to the previous firmware (v8.04)? Is there another firmware update?

Hello Sara,

Thank you for your post.

There is a more recent version of firmware that can be upgraded. Please follow the instructions in the support article here to upgrade this to version 8.12.2 using internet as the source. Once this is upgraded, try calibrating, and let us know if the issue described continues.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Kind regards,
      Olivia
      Promethean Technical Support

Sara CrawfordSara Crawford
        Participant

I followed the instructions but it fails.  I get a pop up message that states “The following firmware is available for the device: Your driver is out of date: upgrade it and try again. ActivBoard 300 Firmware.  I click ok and then there is a message File Failed checksum. Try downloading again.

I’m pretty sure the driver was updated.  Could you tell me what the latest version should be?  Could there be any other reason the firmware update would fail?

Hello Sara,

Thank you for your reply.

Please ensure that the ActivDriver is on the latest version 5.18.19. You can download and install this here.

Once you have done this, please attempt the firmware upgrade again. When doing this, please also ensure that the USB cable connecting the board to the computer does not exceed 6 feet.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this issue.

Thank you,

Olivia

Promethean Technical

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.