Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Good morning,

I am AT in a school and starting from a teacher’s request to calibrate the Interactive Whiteboard: Activboard Touch 78 I proceeded as follows (after reading the following article: 1418 – Troubleshooting USB connection problems https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1418 ):

• I downloaded the latest version of Activdriver;
      • I downloaded the latest version of Activinspire;
      • I have uninstalled the previous version of Activdriver and Activinspire from Programs and Features;
      • I unplugged the USB cable (the only USB port with a power function as required by the interactive whiteboard);
      • I installed Activdriver and rebooted as advised by the message;
      • I connected the USB cable and installed Activinspire;
      • I checked if the interactive whiteboard is detected by Activmanagere but nothing appears in the Hardware tab;
      • I have started Activinspire and noticed that the interactive whiteboard is correctly calibrated;
        a red cross is displayed next to the Activmanager icon in the system tray and when I right-click only the items Control Panel and Exit are present: Control Panel and Exit but not Calibrate!

P.S.: In Windows Explorer there is no device with a yellow exclamation mark.

How do I detect the interactive whiteboard and where do I find the Calibration item?

Thank you.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

What operating system is the PC running?

If Windows 10, what version exactly?

ActivManager isn’t necessary if the OS is sufficiently up to date as it should have drivers in place already that will handle interactive devices.

Have you tried calibrating the ActivBoard from the Tablet PC settings in Windows?

Thanks

James

G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Thank you for your reply,

I managed to update the firmware – using the software kit provided by the tech support – just after a windows 10 update named STM DFU … (something I don’t remember).

The build of windows 10 is the 21H1.

The point is that even if the: Activboard Touch, Notebooks and OSes versions are the same that update has been available just for one of the notebook.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

After updating the firmware does the ActivBoard now show in ActivManager?

If so what is the displayed firmware version and will it allow calibration now?

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Yes, the Activeoard now is detected in Activmanager.

Below is the image with the version of the firmware: v3.09.

As said in my previous message, this is the only notepad that detects the interactive whiteboard, I do not know why since the others are identical (notepad, OS, and projectors).

Hi,

It is possible that whilst other notepads are identical, they may have different settings changed in the OS or even BIOS.

You could try to install a fresh ‘Vanilla’ image of Windows 10 (not an image provided/created for the school/organisation) on one of the notepads and connect the ActivBoard directly to the clean installed OS and see if this is detected and works.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Windows 10 64 Pro 21H1 (from Microsoft or Acer) with all its detected updates is what you mean by: ‘Vanilla’ image of Windows 10 ?

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, that is basically what we mean by vanilla in this instance.

The idea being that any additional software from a school image, is not applied to the notebook.

Thanks

James

G. C.G. C.
        Participant

All the notebooks has been bought and installed this year; no school image has been used!

Hi,

This is quite strange and may need further guidance from your notebook manufacturer as the ActivBoard has been confirmed to work on your earlier post with another notebook.

You could try to connect directly from the ActivBoars USB port to the notebooks USB port, bypassing any wallboxes, cable extensions or docking stations and ensuring a shorter cable is used to see if this helps.

Thanks

Adam

G. C.G. C.
        Participant

Hello, do you think that making and installing an image of the working notebook will (work and) fix?

Thank you.

Hi,

It is possible, though not necessarily guaranteed to work.

Did you try a shorter direct USB cable?

Thanks

Adam

G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Hello, they have been used the USB cables included in the package of the interactive whiteboard for all classes (3 m length).

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

This is quite strange and may need further guidance from your notebook manufacturer as the ActivBoard has been confirmed to work on your earlier post with another notebook.

G. C.G. C.
      Participant

Hello, do you think the final tip of this article may be of help: https://www1.support.prometheanworld.com/s/article/1476?language=en_US

Hi,

It is possible that this may be of some help to you.
      We’d always recommending testing 1 before purchasing multiple, just in case that this does not work.

Thanks

Adam

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.