Wireless Presentations
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      James RitchJames Ritch
      Participant

Hello,

We are having issues connecting to our ActivConnect boxes using our Chromebooks. I have installed the ActivCast Sender extension on the Chromebooks but when we click it, there is no option for us to put in an ID? Anyone had this problem before?

Cheers

Hi James Ritch,

Thanks for posting.

If you connect a Chromebook and the ActivConnect/OPS-G to a WIFI hotspot from your smartphone, does this work to mirror your chromebook through ActivCast?

If so, this may need additional set up on the network you are using.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

amkessleramkessler
      Participant

I just completed this step. Connected the chromebook and the panel to the hotspot on my phone. The chromebook connected for a brief two seconds, and wouldn’t connect again. I have added the information for the firewall. What else?

Thanks,

Alicia

Hi Alicia,

When you connected to the Chromebook to your smartphone and the ActivConnect, did this mirror at all?

If so, then this would indicate that this worked, even if it was for a brief moment (this could be down to the data usage/network signal which is why it may have dropped out).

If you still have issues whilst on your network, this would need to be looked at to see if there is any specific settings to Chrome that need to be allowed.

We’d recommend looking through the below guide and making sure that this is all applicable:

http://supportprw.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/TP-2046-EN.pdf

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.