Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      stephenlawJSRHSstephenlawJSRHS
      Participant

Just posting something we are stumbling on which has just started in the last week or so. Two Promethean boards where the pens and audio were working fine and suddenly, the pens stop working. We can see the Promethean audio in System Preferences (and have sound), and the USB portion of the System Report shows an ActivBoard attached. If we look at ActivManger, however, no board.

After trying a number of troubleshooting steps and as a last resort, I disabled SIP on one Mac with the “csrutil” and rebooted the Mac. Presto, pens work. Will test my theory on the other Mac with the issue tomorrow.

Macs affected for me are iMacs 11,2 with El Capitan 10.11.4 and 10.11.6 and Activdriver 5.14.14. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Replicated this issue on a second Mac. Here is a screenshot before SIP is disabled.

Here is a screenshot after SIP is disabled.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your post.

Please could you check that the below locations are correct for users read and write permissions to see if this helps?

/Applications/Promethean
      System – R & W
      Admin – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/usr/local/share/promethean
      System – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/Library/LaunchAgents
      System – R & W
      Everyone – Read only

/usr/local/lib
      System – Read & Write
      Everyone – Read only

If this doesn’t help, are you able to add this as an exception to the SIP.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Case 679695

Anonymous
      Inactive

/usr/local/lib had

localadmin R+W (primary admin that installed updated driver)
      Everyone No Access

Changed permissions to what you had suggested and rebooted. Had pen functions. Apple SIP is still disabled.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pens stopped working after a while. Now the issue seems to be a moving target. Updated to the latest driver….5.14.21 from 5.14.14. If the user logs in and uses ActivInspire, the pens work. If the user switches to another app (like Google Chrome to take attendance) and then goes back to ActivInspire, pen function is gone. I am beating my head against a wall to keep my users up and running. Had to do the same thing on the classroom next door. I don’t know whether to ditch Apple or Promethean. I have bypassed the control box and done direct USB connections…I have tried a macOS Sierra (don’t go there). Systems having issues range from 10.10.5 to 10.11.6. Did an Apple Security update get in the way?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello stephenlawJSRHS,

Thank you for your posts. 

It may be worthwhile making sure all the Mac updates are done and upgrading the driver to 5.14.21. This driver has had some fixes in place that may help. 

Just rule out the Mac being an issue (shouldn’t be) can you please test a windows laptop, just to see if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

The problem has been fixed on all problem systems by upgrading the board’s firmware to v8.10_Build7. Would be nice for Promethean to post firmware by board model on the support site. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi stephenlawJSRHS,

Glad to hear that you have fixed this issue.

Whilst we can’t always have the firmware available online, this is done so that incorrect firmware aren’t applied to incorrect models of ActivBoards as this can cause issues and could potentially cause damage to the ActivBoard.

Should other customers experience this issue in the future, we will keep this post in mind so we can recommend a speedier solution.

Thank you.
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.