Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Suzanne OrchardSuzanne Orchard
      Participant

I have installed the latest Active Inspire on my new Mac Air. If I have a flipchart open after a while it quits unexpectedly. If I try to recover it, I usually lose the contents. I have opened the program on my MAC at home and it does not quit. What do you suggest as this is extremely frustrating and disruptive to flow of my lessons?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Suzanne,

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with ActivInspire, can you confirm exactly which version of ActivInspire that you are running by going to “Help” then “About”?

The flipcharts that you are opening, are they on your computers hard drive or are they on some removable media or a network drive?  If they are on a thumb drive etc can you try putting the flipchart file on your desktop and try running it from there to see if the issue persists?

I have created a support case for you on our system, so if you want to give us a call or email about this then please do not hesitate to get it touch quoting case reference number 523467.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the same issue of ActivInspire shutting down after less than 40 minutes.  It’s VERY annoying; it shuts down in the middle o a lesson.  All of my colleagues at our school in the Philadelphia School District experience the same problem. I believe we use this version: 

PROMETHEAN ACTIVINSPIRE PROFESSIONAL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EULA”) V-2.8

We use MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi vimsmith,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

This isn’t an issue we are aware of, so we will need to look into the issue being permissions or on the computers that you are using.

Is this affecting all computers, or only the MacBook Pro you have mentioned?

What happens to the MacBook when ActivInspire closes? Is this running anything in particular?

If you log on to one of the MacBooks with a local administrator account, does this still close after 40 minutes?

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the problem that ActivInspire immediately quits unexpectedly and shuts down every time I try do an Express Poll.  Many teachers in my district are having the same problem.  

I use a MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Version 10.12.5.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi KimB

Can you please also provide us with the ActivInspire version that you currently have on your computer? 

Thanks, 
      James 

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is ActivInspire v.2.9.66.777.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello KimB,

Thanks for that information. Can you kindly confirm what version of the ActivDriver you have installed? 

We also want to confirm that Java and Flash are both up to date on this computer. 

Does the issue occur with a newly created flipchart, or is it only when a certain flipchart is open?

Does the issue occur when logged in as a newly created admin account on that computer? 

Thanks
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.