Software Solutions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 13 hours, 17 minutes ago.

• Author
    Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

I upgrade several teacher Dell laptop with dock. The touch board does not  show up in control panel.

serial no. info  activboardtouch88 : C1304120738 .I have tried active drive 15.18.12_x64 and 15.17.13_x64 and get the same result. Was working with the old laptop and dock. Can you help?

Craig Promethean
    Craig Promethean

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your post.

As a quick test, can you connect the computer to the ActivBoard directly and test if it is recognised in the ActivManager?

Did the ActivBoard show in your ActivManager prior to the upgrade?

Kind regards,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support

home

Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

activ manager work before upgrade after the upgrade and re-installation of driver and software the manager show no board connection.windows show it as a input device still not working. i also connected directly with a 3m cable same result.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

What upgrade have you done to the computers that has stopped this from working?
    Is this just the one ActivBoard you have that is no longer connecting? Is this working with other computers?

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

I bought new dell laptops 5590 all touch boards 88 have this same problem. The os see the board as a mouse input device and wouldn’t let me change the driver to promethean activdriver.some laptop see the board as a MS bulletin board. The os see the board but not a Promethean Touch. The driver show  working properly. Is there I can make the port use activdriver?

Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

I bought new dell laptops 5590 all touch boards 88 have this same problem.

Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

all touch 88 have the same problem

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hi,

Can you try connecting the laptops directly to the pigtale lead  without a  docking station? Please let us know if you are able to establish a connection?

Can you try a laptop from different manufacturer and try connecting it directly too?

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

Adem

Promethean Technical Support

Chris Hargrove
    Chris Hargrove
    Participant

It doesn’t work with the new laptop

Hi Chris,

Do you still have the old computers that previously worked with this ActivBoard? Are these still connecting correctly?

As a test, could you try a freshly new install of Windows 10, not part of a centralised image and then install the ActivDriver and connect to your ActivBoard Touch. Does this work?

Many thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.