Accessories

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    ilmix
    ilmix
    Participant

Our ActiveSoundBar asb 40 randomly stops playing sound during video conference. I presume it is going into standby mode even though there is audio input. Is there a way to disable that?

Hi ilmix,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Can you help to confirm if the soundbar stops playing sound when using any other application for playing audio files or is this only happening when using your video conferencing software?

When the sound stops playing, what colour is the power LED on the ActivSoundBar?

Thanks,
    Adam

Promethean Technical Support

ilmix
      ilmix
      Participant

The led turns red when the sound stops playing. Our conferences are streamed through web and we show them using Chrome. I’ll check it with other browsers and let you know how it works, I can also check it with some other applications, but I’m not sure that it will change anything.

After the LED turns red and the sound cuts out, are you immediately able to press the Standby button (or any other button) on the ActivSoundBar or its remote to get sound playing through the ActivSoundBar again?

How is the computer or other device on which the conference is streamed connected to this SoundBar?  Does that connection pass through any other hardware before connecting to the SoundBar?

Does any other device connected to this Soundbar also have their sound cut out while playing audio?

ilmix
      ilmix
      Participant

After the led turns red and power(standby) button on the soundbar is pressed, the led turns blue and the sound resumes immediately. I have not tried other buttons.

Soundbar is connected to PRM-45A projector. It is connected to 3.5mm audio out on the projector and RCA input on the soundbar. Projector is connected to computer using HDMI.

It is somewhat difficult to connect other device to the soundbar because of how it is mounted. Also, the problem appears randomly so testing with other device will take quite a lot of time. I can try to do it, but I would rather not.

Hi ilmix,

Thanks for your reply and update.

This does seem quite odd and may be an issue with this ActivSoundBar.

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly regarding this issue and providing the invoice for your soundbar so we can check that this is within warranty.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.